Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flawed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Am I overreacting?
    I'm 13 (and a girl). I've been away from home for about 2 weeks and of course, haven't seen my best friend in that time (a little more than that, actually, since it's summer and we both have been kind of busy). I went over to her house just the other day though, and it was kind of awkward. We hadn't seen each other in that time, and she hadn't seen her mom in a while either, so she was telling her mom all sorts of stories about what she had been doing with her cousins and everything (people I don't know, so I couldn't really understand most of the stories). I couldn't even tell if she was glad to see me, and she was pretty quiet the whole day, at least for her. She'd lost a few of her phone contacts, too, so I was going through and readding some of the ones I had in my phone to her's, and I noticed a couple of things. I've always been near the top of her contact list (either the first person or the second, but now I was just where I fell alphabetically), I've always had a nickname as my entry but now it was just my normal name, and I've always been on her speed dial. Also, I have OCD to some degree, and cracked doors really bug me -- they either have to be closed completely or open wide, or I can't stand it. I got up to close her door one time and she usually makes a joke when I do something like that, but this time she didn't say anything. I'm not a very confrontational person -- I tend to keep things to myself -- so I didn't say anything, but all of it did kind of hurt. Am I overreacting, or not?
    lkelly218 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Why don't you send her a light 'Hi, how are you doing' text or just invite her to hang out with you. She may have just loads on and then feel awkward herself for not keeping in touch as much as she should have. If you still feel things aren't right then just ask her in a really nice way NOT 'Whats the matter' just something more along the lines of 'Have I don't something to upset you'. Either way you'll at least now for sure if something's wrong. Good Luck.
    girlygirl08 Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Just give her a little time to settle in and if she is still acting funny ask her about it but do it in a friendly manner.. I understand exactly how your feeling..
    2xtrouble Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2009, 11:31 AM
    I think you need to talk to her one on one
    And ask her what's wrong
    Maybe she needs reasurance that you are still friends like before
    Let her know that you missed her and nothing has changed on your side anyway

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he disrespectful or am I overreacting? [ 4 Answers ]

Over the course of the year that we've been dating, I've noticed that my boyfriend doesn't say "please" with me (ever), or ask me to get/do things for him. He just tells me to. For instance, instead of saying "Can you get me a glass of water?" he'll say "Get me a glass of water." I know this...

Am I overreacting [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for about 5 years now.He was out of the country for 7 months for educational purposes last year. After he has come back things have changed in a way that now he is only focused on his career.he says that the relationship is a priority for him, but his career comes...

Am I overreacting [ 2 Answers ]

I need to get an objective opinion on whether I am overreacting. I've been with my wife for 9 years, and married for 7 with 2 young children and an older stepson that was from my wife's previous marriage. From the start we have had some rocky times and she always seemed to have these walls up...

Am I overreacting about his female friend? [ 15 Answers ]

I've been with my husband for 7 years. About 6 months ago he started talking to a girl on myspace and the first words she typed to him were about how sexy he was. I told him I was uncomfortable about this, not to mention she is single, lives in the same town as we do, and is better looking than...

View more questions Search