Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jnvlv247 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2006, 03:50 PM
    Desperate Help With Dogs
    HI,

My 2 almost five year old bichon frises REALLY need training. We brought them to training when they were little and then my parents ended that and now they have bad habits and do things on their own, and they have no disipline AT ALL. I have tried to do what I can, but it's really too much, I need a professional. Does anyone know where I could find a good trainer or myabe a group thing online or whatever. I live in Central Connecticut by the way. Thanks
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2006, 08:51 AM
    HI,
    I highly suggest the following:
    A video by Ceaser Millan, a Professional Dog Behaviorist. He rehabilitates dogs, and trains people.

He has his own TV program, the Dog Whisperer, on the NGEO (National Geographic) channel, on Friday nights mainly, but also comes on some other days. This video is available from:
    http://www.dogpsychologycenter.com/
    I also ordered his new book, "Ceaser's Way", from Walmart online, around $15 US, and it's very good!

There are other good videos available on the web, but this one is really worth your attention.

Why did your parents end their training? Didn't want to pay for it?
    Dogs will "get away" with anything they can, just like some young children.
    Persistence is the best way. If you will watch Ceaser Millan's video, or watch some of his TV shows, he explains and shows, how to teach dogs how to act, what to do, what not to do.
    You can do it, by being consistent. I do wish you the best, and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A cat in desperate need of help [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 years old cat, male, 3.7 Kg, and his mother persian bread. 4 Days ago he startes to vomit every half hour, vomiting acompanied by Diarrhea. Every time vomit was yellow at first with a mucus then a white Foam. There were no signs of blood. The diarrhea was also frequent (45 Min -...

Desperate ! Dog won't eat! [ 3 Answers ]

Please help. I have tried... chicken and rice, beef and rice, "Frosty Paws", peanut butter, cottage cheese, vegetable beef soup, hamburger, canned dog food... My 8 year old lab won't eat anything... Please, If anyone has any suggestions, We will be forever thankfull.

Desperate action [ 2 Answers ]

I really want to play basketball but I'm not that good.I practice at home but when it comes to practice I freeze up and I don't do well.I don't know much about Basketball but I go to practice to learn more. Coach always says negative things about my techniques so that I can improve them but I'm all...

Desperate for answers [ 3 Answers ]

My cousin is currently planning to move from California to Hawaii to reunite with her husband and father of her ten year old daughter after a long separation. The couple had originally lived together in California, but after the separation her husband moved to Kauai, HI for an employment...

View more questions Search