Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    littlegoffy_86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2006, 03:08 PM
    Can I be Pregnant?
    I have 2 questions... I have taken a home pregnancy test and have come up negative. I am approximately 2 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. Could I be pregnant and they tests just not detecting the pregnancy hormone? Also, if I am not pregnant and I have just missed this month's period, can I still get pregnant with out have my menstrual cycle? P.S I had a small amount of clear discharge now I have a white discharge and Im going to see my doctor this week. Just want some opinions
    :confused: :o
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Apr 10, 2006, 06:32 PM
    Yes, you could in fact be pregnant.
    If you had unsafe sex at any time, there is always a chance. The best time to take a EPT is first thing in the morning with the first morning urine. It contains the most hormone. See a DR.He/she can confirm if you are or are not.And yes you can still get pregnant even if you have missed a cycle.
    ashley19 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Apr 10, 2006, 08:46 PM
    I'm with stormy you could be pregnant I have read a few stories about women who were not able to get a possitive result on a hpt until weeks after their missed period.one said she had to wait until 4 weeks after missed period.so your not alone, your doctor will hopefully be able to tell you with a physical exam or more sensitive blood test...
    Good luck xx
    ttc baby number2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 10:54 AM
    I have not had my period since December 31, 2007 and was wondering could I be pregnant?
    Cutoo Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ttc baby number2
    I have not had my period since December 31, 2007 and was wondering could I be pregnant?
    It's quite possible? Did you take an HPT?

Mar 14, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutoo
    it's quite possible? did you take an HPT?
    I did yesterday and it was negative could I still be? And just do not have enough HCG to get a positive:( :confused: :rolleyes:
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 08:37 AM
    In the future, you should make your own posting on a subject, instead of piggy tailing on someone else's question, because your question is more likely to be viewed and answered if you do(since this origonal posting was made in 2006.) just some advice to make sure your future questions get answered more. As far as your question, you definitely could be pregnant, and your hcg levels just aren't high enough. You could just be late.Since its been two months since you last received a period, I definitely suggest you go see your doctor. It could be that you are pregnant, and if so they will perform an exam, as well as possibly order a quantative blood test which will measure the exact amount of hcg in your system(if any). It could also be that you are just late, and they might give you something to help jump start your period. But either way, you should definitely set up an appointment with your doctor asap. Good luck

Mar 14, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by buggage
    In the future, you should make your own posting on a subject, instead of piggy tailing on someone elses question, because your question is more likely to be viewed and answered if you do(since this origonal posting was made in 2006.) just some advice to make sure your future questions get answered more. As far as your question, you definitely could be pregnant, and your hcg levels just arent high enough. You could just be late.Since its been two months since you last recieved a period, I definitely suggest you go see your doctor. It could be that you are pregnant, and if so they will perform an exam, as well as possibly order a quantative blood test which will measure the exact amount of hcg in your system(if any). It could also be that you are just late, and they might give you something to help jump start your period. But either way, you should definitely set up an appointment with your doctor asap. Good luck

Thanks for the advice I do have a post on hear though
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 08:56 AM
    I mean a posting under your own name. Right now, your posting is under lilgoofies name and posting. Many times people will just read the first posting, and answer the first posters question. If you "piggy back" on someone else's posting, many people may not read all the way through the discussion and see your question. Know what I mean? So if you click the " ask about pregnancy and new mother hood" button it will post your own question, rather then putting your question on a posting that already exists.

Mar 14, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by buggage
    I mean a posting under your own name. right now, your posting is under lilgoofies name and posting. Many times people will just read teh first posting, and answer the first posters question. If you "piggy back" on someone elses posting, many people may not read all the way through the discussion and see your question. know what I mean? so if you click the " ask about pregnancy and new mother hood" button it will post your own question, rather then putting your question on a posting that already exists.
    Thanks again buggage like i said before i already have an existing post check it out!! Under my profile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 44 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: please somebody tell me if this sounds like I am pregnant. I started with a thick whitey discharge that didn't smeel or itch Veins especially in my breasts started to show more Breasts look like they have grown slightly Feel fluey, stuffy nose all the time but...

Could I be pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant even with my period so irregular? My last period was January 2006, and I didn't have my period in Feb, and March, but I believe I conceived sometime in April. But I have been having all the symptoms, cramping, nausea, vomiting, my friends tell me my stomach is getting...

Could I be pregnant [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my name is Marilyn and I am 20yrs old I would like to know if I could be pregnant my fiancé and I are trying to have a baby after a misscarrige with twins we tried Monday may 8th and next day I woke up feeling sore and a bit crampy he called a fertelity clinic and the lady said that there was a...

Pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm 22 and on feb 24 I had a reg period but in mar I came on early da 22 and it was barely any bleeding and it was light pink I used a panty liner the whole time now April I didn't come on until the 21st the same thing extra light and only for two days.I took 4 hpt's and all said negative do...

View more questions Search