Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnguillen68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 02:34 AM
    Car dealer blues
    Ok, I don't know if I'm in the right thread but here it goes; this is my story: I bought a car and I am not happy with the deal I got. I felt that I was rushed into purchasing a car that I wasn't even planning on buying. I have bad credit and so I was told that the bank wasn't going to approve anything else but this one car. I was like sure I don't mind that they were doing this for me. I needed a car badly so I went along with it. I traded my car because it was going to break down. Then they told me this is the car, a 2006 Grand Marquis! This car is huge and with a V8! I don't need a "Gas sucker" Well, I got home and kept looking at it and the more I look at it the more I hate myself. I lost sleep because of tossing and turning thinking what just happened.
    Q: can I return the vehicle and exchange it for another? Or am I stuck with something that I hate? Oh, I just bought it, so the first payment won't be due till the end of next month.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2008, 07:55 AM
    If you go back in person to the car dealer and explain your second thoughts about having bought a gas guzzler and want to trade it in for a different car, they just MIGHT be willing to do this for you. There is no guarantee on this though as they don't have to honor your wishes to have a different car other than the one you bought from them. It all depends on how you go about it when you're there. Ask to speak to the owner of the dealership and see how far you can go with your idea. A V8 is not the way to go now. Apparently they "saw you coming" and sold you the car. If you CAN get them to renegotiate the deal it would be best to do this before too much time has elapsed. Would suggest doing this as soon as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Become a bike dealer [ 3 Answers ]

I am wanting to start a small shop to sell Atv's, Dirt bikes, Motorcyles, etc, Where do I start? Do I need to ask the dealers to become a dealer first. Or can I just do it.

How many vehicles did each dealer get? [ 1 Answers ]

It is the year 2075 and the electric truck is a reality. Jeff is an independent truck driver who delivers vehicles from the factory to the dealers in his very flat state. Jeff's truck (with him and his lunch box in it) weighs 8,000 lbs. From Jeff's house in Small Town to the automobile factory,...

Car dealer repairs [ 4 Answers ]

I always wondered if my judgement is correct about car repairs. When my toyota Needs a more advance repair like I an alternator, or water pump I went to the dealer Who was overpriced. But the job was done correctly. In the past repairs done at pepboys, sears , were cheaper, but I had to go...

Car dealer [ 3 Answers ]

I was thinking of quiting my job as a produce manager and try my hand at selling cars at a local dealership. They say they will train me and give me 4000 dollars up front after I finish the training program. How much do you usually make selling a car and what if I go a week without selling...

View more questions Search