Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarah48375 Posts: 85, Reputation: 13

Jul 30, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Host gift?
    I am going to meet boyfriend's family for the first time. They are having a bbq/ luau. It is being held at his aunt's house. His aunt said that there is nothing I can bring, but I don't want to come empty handed. I want to bring a nice flowering plant or just a plant as a host gift. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I really want to make a good impression.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 07:44 PM
    You should never go to someone's house for dinner empty handed. If you have offered to bring food and she said no then don't bring food. If you know weather or not they drink, then a bottle of wine is nice. If you are not sure then a plant or bouquet is a good idea.
    llamb Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jul 30, 2008, 11:14 PM
    A bouquet is always a good idea if you don't know the host's taste in wine, etc. :)
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 11:31 PM
    If you know what kind of food they're serving, then you could always do some wine pairing and bring a nice bottle of wine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VH1 Classic host [ 1 Answers ]

I am watching VH1 Classic countdown of the 20 best breakup songs and the host of the countdown is a blonde woman. I keep looking to see if her name comes on the screen or if she says it but of course not... lol I am trying to figure out who she is and got nowhere from the website... thanks. I...

How do I get to host a game? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to host a game online, and I use to be able to but I'm not sure what I did. My fire wall is off, but I do have norton which I don't think should matter?

Host pop3 [ 1 Answers ]

When I go on to my outlook express and hit receive it tells me a error code and say something about host pop3

To host or not to host out of town guests? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it considered rude to suggest family members to stay at a hotel when they come to your state for a visit? My husband and I live near a "tourist-y" city. We both work full time jobs with long hours. His brother mentioned he would like to visit soon when their boys get a bit older. I...

View more questions Search