Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dreamcatcher835 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Unfit father
    Hi all and thanks in advance for any replys.. I live in SC and I have a delema. I gave custody of my child to his father because we split up and both of us lost our job and I knew that the paternal g-parents could take care of my son financially.

I have noticed since this has happened that the g-parents call all the shots for my son I feel like his father excepts my son more like a kid brother and the g-parnets raise the son. Any time I ask my ex a question regarding my son he has to ask his parents their opinion. I get sick of this set up this is why we split up because I was married to his parents and not him

I would like to prove him as unfit since he has no say in what goes on with my son he knows nothing about his wellbeing. He is never present to exchange my son for visitation... etc. What are the answers do I have a chance to prove him un fit? He doesn't have a clue. My son is 3 he tells me all the time he doesn't want to go to daddys house why I don't know! The ex and his parnets see my son as a possession and not as a person the money in their family does the talking.

Any thoughts or feed back?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 06:45 PM
    You really can't get him for being unfit because he is technically seeing that he is taken care of even if it is through his parents. He doesn't have to be available for exchanging at visitations either.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 06:48 PM
    So far there is no evidence of him being unfit he is doing the responsible thing of letting his parents help where he can't. If you don't like the situation go back to court and petition the judge for you to have custody.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Yeah you can go file for joint custody with visitation if you do not already have that.
    Do you have court orders for him to have custody and you have visitation or was it just something you decided together?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unfit father [ 12 Answers ]

My baby is almost 4 and has only seen her father once. And he hasn't paid anything for her. He now wants to take me to court for visittaion. He has an extensive criminal history of drugs, and assault. He is a really bad person that has threatened to kill me, and kick my , and steal my child, and to...

Unfit father? [ 3 Answers ]

I would be very grateful for any advice anybody may have. After a very short relationship that then ended I found out I was pregnant-I did tell the father and after a while we decided to try and get back together. As time went on I found and that He was a very heavy drinker indeed and it made him...

Unfit father [ 2 Answers ]

How do I prove that my daughter's father is unfit?

Custody 'father' unfit! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old daughter... her 'father' and I were married for about a year and a half.(a week after she was born) and have been going through a divorce for a year and a half. He has not see and her or paid child support in a yr. (all his choice) we agreed to supervised visits every other...

How do I prove an unfit father? [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 13 months old. In the past 7 months, my ex had seen him maybe 4 or 5 times. They don't know each other at all. My ex doesn't even call or help me out with my son. In January 07 I asked for him to sign him over, and he said no. His name is on the birth certificate, but we were never...

View more questions Search