Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2006, 09:39 PM
    And the relaxin your body is producing can wreck havoc on your hips... but its needed to loosen up your ligaments... just makes it no fun. My wife had some hip and back issues during the last month or so of pregnant.. . we even went out and bought a recliner chair because some nights it was the best way for her to sleep. Oh, and a body pillow. That helped too.

Docs might not have also told you about squatting and lunges. Most know about the walking to induce labor thing, but also thing like squats and lunges can stimulate and start labor. We delivered in a hospital but had prenatal care through a midwife, and one of the exercises that she had my wife do the day she delivered was to walk up the stairs with deeps steps, and kind of bounce up and down her bottom and side to side... reminded me of the jungle book cartoon dancing. It was so silly to watch. But it did help get things rolling. So careful with those stairs and deep steps...

As for having a preemie... yeah. You know the risks... but every day is a little closer.

My mother had me 3 months early. 2 lbs 2 ounces. Was the first baby in our town to use the isolet (spelling?) and survive. I guess there was a pic in the paper and everything. Spent 2.5 months in the hospital, and for years we used to have a 2nd "birthday" for me, celebrating the day I came home.

I guess my point was to state that you are further along than my mother was, and the technology is a couple of decades better... so don't fret too much.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 09:58 PM
    Wow kp you were really an early birth! And yeah haha after reading that and before I even got to the next part in your post, I was thinking phew at least I am at 7 months now lol.

I really don't want a preemie!! One of my friends just had one 3 months ago... I think she was also at about 6 months, as her baby was only 2 and half pounds at birth. Anyway she JUST brought him home from the hospital this week, and they think he might have cerebral palsy from being born so early. So that's very sad. And since it happened to a friend it really hits home to me that it CAN happen.

But yeah I am trying not to worry. And after eating too much at the Passover Seder tonight and feeling my baby pushing against my full stomach, I'm thinking him coming out soon might not be such a bad idea after all!! :p

Thanks so much for your help in any event. I think I will try those Jungle Book moves lol (when the time comes of course). It was my favorite cartoon movie as a kid.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Apr 12, 2006, 09:58 PM
    Nope didn't get him... they never responded... I think he will more than likely do that... I go in to find out the sexes in three weeks... I really can't wait... I don't think I'm gaining enough weight though. I've only gained 6lbs (already lost a pound) and I don't think the dr is too happy about it. I don't know though. It's starting to get to be in the eighties here, and it's making me tired and thirsty. It's usually hotter at work... I do hope to be put on some bed rest soon. Somehow I doubt that will happen.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 10:06 PM
    Oh that sucks about the dog, Myth. I hope you can get another one! :(

I know what you mean about the sex! I was very anxious too. Of course all I want is a healthy baby, but still it's fun to know that it's going to be a boy. I haven't gained much, either, but apparently it's just enough for the baby and placenta... I'm 19 pounds heavier than my not pregnant weight.

Wow that's HOT! Here in northern Canada where I live the last of our snow JUST melted on the weekend, and while we hope not, there is always the chance of more snow, up until May, and even June in a freak year. We only get temperatures like you're describing in July and August.
    milliec Posts: 262, Reputation: 55

Apr 12, 2006, 10:11 PM
    Dear Myth
    Good luck to you too.
    It is a nesting instinct - when I worked in the lab. There were times I needed to know the exact time the mice were born, and they too begin to shuffle around things in the cage and mane a real sawdust nest! That's how you know delivery it's a matter of hours!
    With us it still takes several months!
    Kicks are the thing I miss about my pregnancies.
    Myth, will you have enough help?
    Good luck to both of you,
    Millie
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Apr 12, 2006, 10:29 PM
    I have a very supportive network of family and friends that will help me. I'm sooo exhausted right now I'm not sure I'll know what to do when the twins get here. I'm already nesting off and on when I have the time and the energy. I hope another dog comes along too but I really don't have the patience for a puppy right now. I think I'm going to head for bed soon too. I worked today and spending hours on my feet feels like corporeal punishment. Lol. Well I'll check back tomorrow and see how everyone is.

Apr 12, 2006, 11:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I have a very supportive network of family and friends that will help me. I'm sooo exhausted right now i'm not sure i'll know what to do when the twins get here. I'm already nesting off and on when I have the time and the energy. I hope another dog comes along too but I really don't have the patience for a puppy right now. I think i'm going to head for bed soon too. I worked today and spending hours on my feet feels like corporeal punishment. lol. well i'll check back tomorrow and see how everyone is.
    It's really though,
    And with 2!
    You spend hours on your feet: what is ti you're doing? Can't it be done sitting?
    I must say I admire you, your attitude, your spirit.
    If you stand for hours on end with 2 embrios and a kid at home, no wonder you don't gain weight!
    I hope you a safe delivery, and I really hope you'll get enough help.
    In any case, all we can do is virtual help!
    I know it counts, but some ti,es it's not enough
    Sweet dreams to you too, and GOOD LUCK,
    Millie :)
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2006, 11:54 AM
    doing ok... have a raging bladder infection but got antibotics now so hopefully that will help... just remember that when you start cleaning like a mad woman let us know so we can place bets on how soon the little one will arrive.
    Sorry about the bladder infection myth! I hate those! Seem to love those preggy ladies, darn things. Get well soon!
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2006, 12:07 PM
    nope didn't get him... they never responded... I think he will more than likely do that... I go in to find out the sexes in three weeks... I really can't wait... I don't think i'm gaining enough weight though. I've only gained 6lbs (already lost a pound) and I don't think the dr is too happy about it. I don't know though. It's starting to get to be in the eighties here, and it's making me tired and thirsty. It's usually hotter at work... I do hope to be put on some bed rest soon. Somehow I doubt that will happen.
    When I was pregnant, I was terrified I wasn't gaining enough weight. I didn't even start showing till I was in my fifth month. I had terrible mornign sickness for the first 5 months. BUT by the endof my pregnancy I had gained 35 pounds more then my pre-pregnancy weight, and I was about to burst at the seams. MOST of the weight I gained was in the last three months. It comes on real fast at that point, because your baby is done deveolping mostly, and mainly focuses on putting on weight. SOOOO Don't worry about your weight too much ladies, it'll catch up to you soon, and you'll be thinking " wow.......I feel so heavy! why did i want to gain weight so badly!" hahahh it's definitely worth it though. Got my fingers crossed for you ladies!
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2006, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by buggage
    SOOOO Don't worry about your weight too much ladies, it'll catch up to you soon, and you'll be thinking " wow.......I feel so heavy! why did i want to gain weight so badly!" hahahh it's definitely worth it tho. got my fingers crossed for you ladies!
    Oooh boy I can hardly wait! :p

Thanks for your encouragement, buggage!

Apr 13, 2006, 01:12 PM
    Maybe this heaviness has a point: to make us wish to give birth, and get rid of this heavy feeling?
    Millie
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2006, 01:55 PM
    No problem sweety! Happy I could help. If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to help if I can. Sometimes you just need a reasuring conversation. ;0)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scary stories? [ 18 Answers ]

I have friends and family that come over sometimes and we like to share scary stories (that are true). Does anyone have any to share? (Please, no bogus stories or small stories about things flying across the room)

Will Fan Fall? And Wobble... [ 5 Answers ]

FINALLY finished installing a ceiling fan today (long story) and wanted to know if it could fall down. I accidentally over tightened the setscrew on the hanger ball while attaching it to the downrod and the screw head broke off. There was about 1/16 in. thread left on the piece I broke off and...

Fall from Grace for Lucifer [ 4 Answers ]

What book of the Bible discusses how and why Lucifer angel decided to go out on his own: what is the basic summary of what happened? Does the Bible describe this angel as the top angel and how was it that he decided to stray from God's word? It's a little confusing, as heavan and angels are...

Children's videos! Scary [ 1 Answers ]

When I was very little I used to watch this one video with a series of kind og grim reaper tales almost.. some kind of "tales". One of them had to do with this girl that was wandering lost in a forest and this owl comes to her and shows her how inside of a tree is this little home with a bed a...

Warning - scary url sponsor [ 1 Answers ]

When I opened the Religion page today, at the top left is a link to "Disturbing Horoscope warning: very freaky scary" While I donot believe in or check my horoscope, I wondered what couold be scary about one, so I clicked on. That took me to a page that required birth details and also...

View more questions Search