Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellholly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Why does my Sondy DVD/Video player only play sound when playing video tapes?
    We have a Sony DVD/Video player. This is hooked up to a Vizio TV. Our TV is hooked up to Direct TV satellite dish. When I play a DVD it works fine, sound and picture. When I switch it to Video, I only get sound. There are 5 cable lines hooked up to the back of the DVD/Video player. On one side there is a blue, a red and a green cable. On the other side of the player there is a white and a red cable. I'm thinking there should be a yellow cable hooked up somewhere. Can you help me?:confused:
    Diane Carol Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Jul 30, 2008, 03:52 PM
    The white and red cable... try first reversing... if that doesn't correct it, try removing one of the red/white cables... play it with one only.

If the unit is a new one, go to the website of the manufacturer and often you can access most asked questions... otherwise, send them an e-mail outlining your problem.

I recently asked a similar question... they came back to me via telephone.
    I had a question about a Sony FH 8170 player/recorder... I had bought at a garage sale.

Nothing. The unit is too old and they couldn't solve my problem.
    Hope you get better results.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Sounds like your DVD video may be going through an S-Video input.

You would need the yellow, or video connection to get the video from VHS source.

See if you have a video input via RCA cable on the TV?

If so, then an RCA cable from the video out on the DVD/VCR to the Video in on the TV should correct the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No sound while watching television.sound when playing video games [ 4 Answers ]

I have no Idea what the problem could be, but if I try to watch television, which is cable, I cannot hear the sound on the television, but If I play video games, then you can hear the sound perfectly... So, it cannot be a problem with the speakers inside the television.. Could it be the cable? What...

Windows media player 11 not playing a video error message C00D11B1 [ 4 Answers ]

I copied some videos we made from my friends computer, I'm pretty sure he was using windows vista, I have media player 11, I receive an error message C00D11B1, when trying to play them, web help page came up and I went to it and couldn't find anything to help me. What codec do I have install...

Windows media player won't play video, only sound. [ 1 Answers ]

How can I fix media player to play video and sound, how do you know which codec is correct

Windows media player won't play video, only audio [ 6 Answers ]

My windows media player will only play audio and not video. Any ideas why?

Can video tapes be used in... [ 1 Answers ]

Can video tapes be used in court without the permission of the party on tape?

View more questions Search