Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Young-Love Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

Jul 30, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Tissue clots during your period after pregnancy
    I recently had a baby (6 months ago) by c-section. I had had irregular bleeding after wards where my bleeding stopped and then would come and go every few days. At my six week check up afterwards my doctor told me that my uterus was still bulky and I had excess tissue left over. Finally I started getting my periods on time (only once a month) but they were lasting over ten days. So, I went to my doctor and he put me on birth contol (Nuvaring). My periods are still lasting a lon time and are coming and going and I'm getting tissue clots ranging in size... nothing over a loonie though. Is this something I should worry about, or is it normal?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 03:11 PM
    After I had my daughter, it took forever for my period to get back to normal.

Have you asked your doctor about the clotting?

I have always clotted. ALWAYS. It is scary, but for me it is normal.
    Young-Love Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

Jul 30, 2008, 03:16 PM
    It just recently started for me, and I never had it before. But also I've been having a lot of hott/cold chills and dizziness...

I've made a doctors app for next week seeing as yet again my period is going beyond ten days and is going from light to heavy to light to heavy and stopping in between
    itstammie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 02:42 PM
    I had my period for over 45 days straight one time and the doctors wanted to put me on birth control. Instead I went to the health food store and they told me that my body was lacking Bioflavonoids which is the pulp found in fruit. They said it would stop immediately after one vitiman and it did! I've never had the problem again. Dr's don't know everything.. hope this helps. :) Best, Tammie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood clots during period [ 6 Answers ]

Is it normal for a woman in her early 40's to have blood clots during her period?

Abnormal clots in period [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I've never posted here! I've been looking on the internet for some answers but not found any yet and I'm a bit worried! I'm on the pill and have been for around 3 years, everything's been fine and I know my periods. Anyway I missed one pill one day, took the next day missed another day and then...

Blood clots during period [ 1 Answers ]

Is it norman for a woman in her early 40's to have blood clots during her period?

Blood clots with period [ 3 Answers ]

I have had my period for 6 or 7 days with a lot of cramps and have a lot of big clots coming out every day,is this normal?I lose 3 or 4 clots every time I urinate. >Moved from Forum Help<

Tissue discharge in my period. What does it mean? Miscarage? [ 3 Answers ]

I had the worse cramps before and on my period. This time I bleed for a day the next day there was no blood almost all that day,then there was a little darker blood torwards the end of the day. But when I was in the bathroom and whipped there was like tissues. Stringy almost. What does that mean?...

View more questions Search