Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patjns6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Husband in debt due to sending money abroad to someone.
    Husband in debt due to sending money abroad to someone,
    And seems to be addicted to loans.
    Which I say no.
    But would like advice how to get out of it.
    With or without him.
    We do have kids.
    20, 18 and 15 all boys.
    Thought they always got on with him more then me.
    Which is why I put up with it.
    As now been told he will never get out of it.
    He goes on internet and phone and sends money to Nigeria.
    And even went to Amerterdam. He told me was work ( he works for the royal mail),
    And asked my eldest to pay for him to come back, he gave a for what kids said £5,000
    And got a euro cheque back which surprise was rejected by bank.
    And kids added together £13,000 he sent in western union transfers.
    I would like to know ways to stop this?
    I was hoping to leave it until kids got older then left him.
    But getting bad.
    We had to attend court because he did not pay mortgage.
    We had a remorgage too which was going the same way.
    Also he told everyone not to answer the phone.
    All seems to work around the PC (a Sarah and phone)
    Wish , Wish someone can give advice.
    Know seems bizarre but all is true
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 02:05 PM
    Doesn't he realize that if it was legitimate he would be making money not going in debt.
    He is creating his own problems he needs to take full responsibility for them NOT you or your kids. As long as they give him money he is not going to see the need to stop and will just go further in debt so none of you should be enabling him.
    I'd get away from him and break all ties especially getting your name off any joint bank accts and whatever you can. He is heading you to homeless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inheritance money from abroad [ 18 Answers ]

My mom will give me money when she sell her house abroad. The buyer can put the amount directly to my bank account here. Do I have to pay tax ( what category , how much ) . I do have proof of the house sold. ( selling contract an dother related paper - translated ). Thank you

Money to study abroad [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find out where my teenage son can apply for financial aid to study in Spain?

Tax on money tranfer from abroad [ 1 Answers ]

I retired from my job abroad before moving to the US and becoming a US legal resident (green card). My retirement pay is now up to 35K. I have asked my sister to transfer it here to my bank in the US. What must I do with regard to the IRS? Thank you.

Sending goods and getting money in internet business ! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I want to start an internet business but don't have idea how to start and how to do. how I can deliver things to my clients ? How I can connect to my customers ? How I can get payment from my custormer in internet business? hope someone is kind enough to answer me these...

Sending money aborad [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am not a US citizen, but I am considered resident alien for tax purposes in US and have been filing 1040EZ for the last few years. I am on H-1B visa in US. My question is: If I send money to my family abroad, is the money sent considered as gift? Specifically, can I claim this money as gift...

View more questions Search