Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zski Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Lennox HS29-030-1P won't work
    I have an HS29-030-1P that quit working. When I turn on the air, the outside unit makes a click sound then nothing. The fan outside does not move. Had a tech check it and was told the compressor is bad. A friend suggested it might be the relay or run capacitor because of the clicking sound and the fact that the fan is not moving. I've had the relay checked by someone I trust and it appears fine. They are coming back tomorrow with the right equipment to check the compacitor. Could it be anything else or is it really the compressor? Couldn't find the manual for this unit on-line or any info on the Lennox site. I know they do not make this unit anymore -- replaced by an 13REER version I believe. Any info would be appreciated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 30, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Check the inside circuit breaker and the outside disconnect for blown fuses or tripped breaker.

Jul 30, 2008, 01:56 PM
    The fuses and breaker appear to be fine. I did have some issues with it late last year. It would be running fine and then I would notice the air was no longer cool. Turning it off, then on again usually worked. Sometimes, I would have to let it "sit" for an hour or so but when I turned it on again, it would work. When I tried to turn it on this year, it just didn't work.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Possibly you have a bad breaker,, test or have someone with a meter check breaker with it own see if power is coming out of breaker,, might be 1/2 of the double pole breaker bad

Aug 5, 2008, 05:29 PM
    We replaced the capacitor -- it was bad. Now fan will spin but as soon as compressor kicks on, the breaker trips. Disconnected the compressor and fan spins just fine. Looks like the problem is with the compressor. Think I will have any luck getting Lennox to cover the part? They told me that the 10yr warranty was only for original owners. I am the 2nd owner and the unit is just 10yrs old.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Nothing says you cannot try for the warranty. All they can say is no.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox Elite Series HS29-030-1P Problems [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Lennox Elite Series HS29-030-1P air conditioning unit and the compressor will not start. You will hear a buzzing sound then it stops, it about a minute it tries again then stops. What are the best ways to test the starter cap and the compressor to isolate the problem. The starter...

Lennox heat turn off and turn back on to work [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lennox heater I have to turn it off and turn it back on to get it to heat. What is wrong and how do I fix it.

Lennox A/C [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. Our fan is not coming on for our 13ACC unit. We have checked the breakers. Is it possibly a fuse?

Lennox furnace don't work in the cold? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, this is my first post. I have a Lennox G27M (it's about 9 yrs old) and it's been having some problems. It's a two-stage gas furnace and 80% efficiency. The problem is as followed, I have been getting the "Rollout switch open. OR 9-pin connector improperly attached" diagnostic...

View more questions Search