Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bop42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Ceiling fans and changing direction of blades
    Hi

I recently purchased a previously owned home. There are two Harbor Breeze ceiling fans in each of two spare bedrooms. I cannot find the model number nor do I have the name of the unit.

It has a light kit and a remote control.

Presently the blades are turning in a "winter mode" which is clockwise. I would like to reverse the blades to turn in a counter clockwise direction which is the "summer mode".

I have looked extensively on the internet with know luck. I've checked with Leow's and several ceiling fan dealers and no one can help.

I've looked closely at the fans and do not see any "direction" switch and there are no pull cords.

I'm pretty sure this model is reversible but don't know for sure.

I realize this is a long shot but what the heck.

Thank you

Gregg
    eeseely Posts: 100, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2008, 01:34 PM
    There should be a black slide switch (it moves up/down) that changes the fan's direction.

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and have a sales person show you where it is located.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 02:13 PM
    USUALLY the switch is either on the remote or somewhere (often hidden) on the fan body. Look inside and above the light, and on top of the motor.

It's also possible the remotes were replaced with removes with no reverse buttons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing blades on Troy Bilt 17.5 Mower [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Troy Bilt 17.5, 42 inch cut riding mower. My son bent one of the blades on it several weeks ago. I now have new blades and my son has moved to AZ for Border Patrol training. My neighbor came over the other day to try to change them but he said it looked like you had to drop the deck to...

Changing mower blades [ 1 Answers ]

What Is The Easiest Way To Change The Cutting Blades On A Troy Bilt Super Bronco Lawn Tractor?

Changing out light fixtures on ceiling fans [ 2 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan with a wobbly light fixture. How do I change it out? Thanks, Jerry

Changing blades on ceiling fans [ 2 Answers ]

Can you purchase different color blades for ceiling fans if you like a certain fan but the blades are not the right color?

View more questions Search