Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchell8478 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Kitten with stopped up nose
    I have a kitten that is 4 to 5 weeks old and has the sniffles. SHe has a runny nose but also sounds congested. What can I GIVE HER?
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 06:49 PM
    It's very hard to medicate cats. They have a specialized digestive system, which means things that are harmless, or even helpful, for most animals can kill a cat. So, if you are looking for medicine, please talk to a vet and see what they recommend.
    joeoconnell2008 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Jul 29, 2008, 06:53 PM
    It could be nothing major.
    But its better to be safe then sorry.
    Ask a vet.
    I had over 9 kittens in my house over the last 4-5 months.
    And thankfully not one had any problem.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 29, 2008, 07:01 PM
    You really should consult your vet. It could have a virus, but I'll tell you what I did with one of mine when I could not get her there until the next day, I just kept giving her short whiffs of Vicks vapo rub. It kept her passages open.
    But my cat was not as young as yours, and had it not been Sunday, I would have taken her to the vet right away.
    Get that kitten to the vet! Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat has stopped labor after one kitten [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this website and am worried about my cat. This is her second litter of kittens. She had one last night around 6pm. Then her labor stopped. She has not had another since and it has been almost 24 hours. Could something be wrong? I have seen a lot of kittens born but never had it take...

Nose job [ 6 Answers ]

I've done a nose job on Jan 8th/2007 and until now the tip feels numb, I was wondering how long it will take until it feels natural, and does the numb feeling means that my nose still in the healing prosses. How long it really takes after the surgery and my nose it will take it's final shape

Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool; Dryer stopped heating and timer stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kirkland Signature, by whirlpool Dryer that stopped heating and timer stopped working at the same time. What may have caused this?

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

Cat deliverd 1 kitten last night, labor stopped [ 3 Answers ]

I don't have an answer. I have a cat in the same situation. She had 1 kitten last night around 4pm, seemed to be in labor for a while then stopped. She is totally taking care of the kitten, eating & drinking. She likes me to lay w/ her in our closet, is very affectionate! We can still feel 1 moving...

View more questions Search