Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jfmoney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Tempstar heat pump problems
    I have a tempstar heatpump that won't stop freezing up with the ac on hvac man said everything checked out but still have problem, also condensation is in the lower section under the coils. Got any ideas
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 29, 2008, 06:01 PM
    Make sure the air filter is clean or change it.

If that is not it get a better service man. Your hidden indoor coils could be dirty. Did he check that?

The reason for the get another service man comment is the fact that he fixed nothing and probably does not know how to fix anything except adding refrigerant to the system. Hire a new guy. Solve the problem.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:10 PM
    I agree with Hvac1000, this could be simple and this could turn out to be very technical, lack of air flow ,low on refrigerant, plugged filter drier/metering device expansion valve. The list is never ending, you will need to find a service man with a little more knowledge.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Yep times 3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump problems [ 3 Answers ]

My upstairs unit is a heat pump. It is not yet 6 years old. Recently, it has been giving me problems. The blower will turn on, but it doesn't seem to put out heat or cold. Does that make any sense? We have had both cold days and hot days in the past few weeks. On the cold days, it can't seem to...

Tempstar stops heat but continues fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1998 high efficiency NTGM125EKA that has just started to intermittently stop heating but continue to blow during its normal cycle. I've been able to get it back to a normal cycle but shutting it off at the thermostat for about 1/2 hour. When trying to see what's going on when I notice that...

High efficiency 5000 heat pump Tempstar [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out if anyone out there would have any idea where I could get a wiring diaghram for a Tempstar Heat pump Called High Efficiency 5000. I believe this is a older model, and there are many out since this one. But the unit is good and I would like to use it. Any suggestions??

Strange Breaker problems with Heat pump and AC unit [ 1 Answers ]

Recently we have been having strange issues with our breakers. :confused: Typically if we have more than 2 appliances running in the kitchen, the GFI outlets will pop the breaker. We just reset it, and try not to use too many things at once. This is fine. :rolleyes: But... yesterday, I...

View more questions Search