Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amoore5 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Mid Position valve trouble! - is it my fault !
    Hi everyone - a newbie here ! I returned home from holiday to find the house freezing ! The heating hadn't kicked in and I know from time to time air builds up in one specific radiator at the top of my hallway stairs about 5yrd from the boiler cupboard! I decided to tamper with what I now know to be the mid position valve (3 way) ! It went to heating by pressing the end plastic plunger! The heating kicked in ! I can get it to go to h -m -w with the plunger and depending how it feels it heats both or not at all! Is the valve the fault and is it a drain the system job ?

Thanks all who read !
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 29, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Are you in the USA?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 09:39 PM
    You are welcome
    mya-lim Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 11:57 PM
    Take care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Safety valve & relief valve [ 22 Answers ]

What is the difference between safety valve and relief valve

Trouble changing shut off valve [ 8 Answers ]

Im trying to change out a shut off valve on my toilet. All it does is turn, is this stripped? Or is some kind of compression valve? Thanks for any help

One position [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have a really good sex life, but she can only orgasm in one position. She enjoys other positions when we're together, but she still can't reach orgasm, even after a while. Advice? I really like to please her and it makes me feel inadequate sometimes.

Water Pressure Valve and Ball Valve [ 1 Answers ]

My plumber told me my water pressure is too high and is ruining my fixtures. Apparently my house is old and does not have these. Is installing these valves something I can do myself? The plumber wants to charge me $500.00. If so, where can I get directions? Help.

Gas valve noise on main valve engagement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier 58gs100ga furnace with a white rodgers 36e93 gas valve. The main gas valve solenoid chatters or rattles for a split second before it stays engaged after the pilot is proved. I just replace the spark/lock out board and the fan board for a different problem. This chatter is...

View more questions Search