Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gitedge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2006, 03:24 PM
    State Tax Return
    I am a F1 student in the state of California. I worked for 10 weeks in New york. Do I have to file a state tax return both for New York and California?
    vaya Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2006, 07:39 PM
    If one of your W2 says NY as your state, then yes you have to file.

Vaya
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 10, 2006, 09:50 AM
    Vaya is right. If you worked in NY and had NY taxes withheld, then you must file a NY state tax return as a non-resident/part-year resident.

The Form is IT-203.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to file for State Tax return? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student on an F-1 visa from india. I earned around $3000 in the 2004 calendar year. I will file for my Federal Tax returns, but do I need to file for my State tax too? I live in New York City, but my income was under the $7500 quota for a single individual. It is my...

Tax Return NY State J1 to H1B. Resident or not? [ 1 Answers ]

In 2005 I worked for the same company. As an intern (J1) from January 1st 2005 to June the 15th As an Employee (H1B) from November 6th to December 31st 2005 I was back in France between September 9th to November 6th to get my H1B Visa. Should I file my tax as a resident or an Non...

New York State Return [ 1 Answers ]

I have already filed my New York Tax Return about 3 weeks back. (nothing shows up on the status as yet). Filed IT-203 but I sent my W2 and did not send IT-2 What should I do?? Any suggestions??

Va state return [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering why on my W-2 form the VA I.D. tax number of my company have more digits than my other W-2 form? Do I have to skip the letter in the I.d tax number and put in the software only the digits? I want to e-file but I can not do than because I have to skip the LETTER in the id.tax number...

How to do State return? [ 5 Answers ]

I filed form 1040NR and itemized deductions only for State and local taxes on Schedule A. How to file my State return? Can I use standart deduction there or I must itemize also? If I have to itemized,what actually to itemized as a deduction? Because I need to exclude state and local taxes on...

View more questions Search