Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Louistini Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 07:09 AM
    2190 days without ex-gf contact.
    Just want to say that this forum is so informative and most definitley gives you a whole heap of insight into relationships. So big-up to the help desk!

As the topic says 2190 days (roughly six years) without contact with her has been broken. Hate to dwell but she was my first relationship and first for everything. Went out in HS and a little going into university. She broke up with me six years ago because the relationship had reached the point where we were growing up and wanted to look ahead in life. As ALL males do! I tried to get her back within the next week or so haha. Even though this was like the 600th time we had broken up and ended back together again, it really hurt me. She found someone within a couple of weeks or so (who I knew wasn't treating her right and my prediction was right to).

When I heard she was with someone I was furious at her for some stupid reason because she had changed in so many ways. But that's time passing by I assume. So I cut off the contact completely. I travelled, partied the whole works and I admit there were times where I would still think of her. And there are still times where I would think of her. There were times where she would get in contact with me but I wouldn't think much of it and kept on pushing.

Recently she opened a chat to me via MSN which came as a surprise because I didn't have her on my list. So we started talking which is weird because before I would have turned the whole comp off and not talk to her. We started talking about what's the latest etc. It felt good talking to her again (old feeling slowly creeping back up again). She left me her number to catch up.

To wrap this up I finally swallowed my pride. I had this luncheon for work and msged her to come with. She was busy that day and suggested to meet up another time. So I msged and said to catch up for dinner which was last Friday which is where we finally talked in 6 years. Wasn't awkward @ all. Laughing at old stuff and uncovered a bit about both of us in the last 6 years. During coffee I admitted to her that I've only been and slept with her and no-one else in the last 6 years. And she said some stuff about keeping some things that I bought for her back in the day, which threw me completely off guard. And now I'm feeling funny with this new found communication. And I am completely clueless.
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 07:16 AM
    It is always great to reconnect with someone who you care about. But be careful to take it very slow. Don't get swept up in old emotions that might not be real. Be open to the possibility that you might only be friends - but that could be good too.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jul 29, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Very true. She will always have a very special place in your heart. Since she is your "only" you will forever be WIDE OPEN to her. It's okay, but doesn't mean that there is anything more there. Take it very slow. Enjoy the friendship and let whatever happen happen. Good luck.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Enjoy the time you spend with this newfound old friend. It may be nothing more than a friendship but may be more. Keep taking it slow, it will all be all right

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I started my period 2 days after unprotected sex, It only lasted 2 1/2 days. [ 6 Answers ]

I know I've already asked if I could be pregnant because I started my period only 2 days after having sex. I've gotten feed back and that reassured me, but the weird thing is my period only lasted 2 days. I started on Tuesday morning and by late thursdy night I was already finished, which isn't...

B1 (75 days) + L1 (135 Days) + Family = Filing Staus? [ 7 Answers ]

I came to US on L1 visa (Company Transfer) with my wife (non-working) and son (Infant) on L2 Visa on Aug, 11 2007. Located in Dallas/Tx with no state tax and getting US salary with tax witholding based on M5 status. My total stay in L1 visa is <183, but stayed on B1 Visa in Feb-May 2007 for...

Need to give 60 days notice, but rent is increasing in thirty days [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the condo I am in now for over two years. After the initial lease term of one year, I went on a month-to-month basis. I am required to give 60 days notice prior to vacating the property. My landlord notified me at the end of this month (february) that the rent would be...

View more questions Search