Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oggy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2004, 03:15 AM
    Help me with home page...
    I have big problem with my home page... when I start up my comp it is always same home page ------------------------------>go.targetsearch... a can fix it in internet tools but if I turn off my comp an again turn on----again that page??
    Please help...
    This is probably the most frustration I've experienced with my PC... and I want to fix it!!
    Please help...
    totalpcnoob Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2004, 04:26 AM
    Help me with home page...
    Sounds like you have spyware, which can display ads, report back your browsing habits to websites and change your home page etc.

To remove spyware free there are 3 good scanners (which also remove the spyware too) It's best to get all 3 instead of one, as they find different things which the others sometimes don't get picked up.

Don't be alarmed if you get hundred's of results, if you've never spyware scanned, you probably doi have a lot, but the majority will probably be tracking cookies which aren't too bad -but remove them anyway.

Here are the 3 I recommend:

AdAwareSE - http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10...age&tag=button (2.49mb)

Spybot: Search and destroy - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Spy Sweeper - http://www.spysweeper.com/spyware-remover-download.html

With adaware and spybot, always (every time you scan) remember to update their reference files All you do, is click on the search for updates before every scan and it'll tell you if there are any to download.

With spy sweeper, it has shields which can protect you from spyware trying to get in, it can disable running spyware and it alerts you when necessary. I stays running the whole time your PC is on to protect you.

Hope this helps

Jamie

(I may be a n00b, but I've had a load of trouble with spyware and I have a friend who's shown me a lot)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Page different on IE & Firefox [ 2 Answers ]

I have noticed my Yahoo home page is different in Firefox & IE. What would the reason be for this? How do you change these pages to look the same?

Stop home page hijacking with this [ 6 Answers ]

I have been using a program called windows patrol for over a year now. You can download it free at winpatrol.com Would not be on the net without it. Has saved my home page numerous times and from what I've been reading about:blank seems to be a real pain and is very hard to get rid of. Should you...

Can`t change home page [ 4 Answers ]

When I go into internet options to change my home page, none of the buttons will let me click on them in the home page area so I cannot change my home page, any ideas anyone. Thanks in advance, Mike

Home Page Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can`t change my home page in internet options, where it says " you can change which page to use for your homepage" the links are grey and not clickable? Any advice anybody, thanks Mike.

Hijacked Home Page [ 3 Answers ]

My Home Page is continually hijacked. I have run all the latest updates for SpyBot and Adware6 (As of July, 31, 2004). They have removed an incredible amount of "junk" from my computer however I still get a homepage listed, res://gvwda.dll/index.html#44272. I have to enter "Tools" and manually...

View more questions Search