Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Its Groovy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 04:35 AM
    Name of Sci-Fi Book (time travel, boy meets girl, etc)
    If anyone can please help me find the name of this book, It was a fun book and I'd love to read it again if I could only remember the name.

Here are the things I remember about the book:

It's a Sci-Fi adventure written for young adults about a boy who discovers a shed (might have been bunker or bomb shelter). I think its on his property or very close to his house. When he's in the shed, he realizes that time is slower on the outside, so that one day outside is like a year inside.

He gets trapped in at one point, and loses a year of his life.

There is another part I remember where he is running through his neighborhood or possibly woods (escaping something? I think naked?).

I read the book in the 8th grade, for school. I don't think it was all that new, so It was probably published between 1970-95.

If anyone has any ideas or comments or questions please feel free to comment, this has been bugging me for sometime! Thanks In advance.
    junebug48 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Not sure about that particular story but it does sound familiar. Have you ever read the [U][U]Time Traveler's Wife?[U]It is a great story I'm sure you would like.
    Abbyjohn Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 10:02 PM
    This sounds exactly like a movie I recently taped and enjoyed - I will try to find that tape and then I'll know the title (hopefully it will be the same name as the book you are looking for). I believe the movie took place in England I think during WWII.
    Abbyjohn Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 11:05 AM
    I found the movie - it's called An Angel for May. Now whether this is the same name of the book you're looking for, or even if this is taken from the book, I don't know. But it sure sounds like it's a match. I think the boy first found the shed when he was chasing a dog, or else he finds the dog after he goes back in time, and then tries to help a girl. Hope this helps.
    12arista Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 11:49 AM
    Hi, did you ever find out the name of the book/ I have been looking for the title myself. If you got it I would love to have it!
    Thanks
    Dejuan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 12:28 PM
    I have been looking for this same book for years and today I kept searching and I found it. It is called singularity. I hope you enjoy.
    Dejuan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2012, 12:36 PM
    There is a bunch of books called Singularity. The one you are looking for is by William Sleator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time travel western [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I hope you can help my wife is looking for a movie and cannot think of the title but the premis is a man, possibly a sherriff goes back to the old west if any one has a clue please let me know Thanks

Time Travel. Read! [ 12 Answers ]

Hey so the story is on this link right here Uh Oh: Russians Think Time Machine Is Right Around The Corner - Geekologie Please give it a look. This is a safe website so no worries. But I am scared from what I read.

Kids time travel program? [ 1 Answers ]

There was a show on maybe 10 years ago, about two sort of goofy puppet like characters who kept travelling around in time. They were sort of like Kroft characters, but I don't know if they really were Kroft. A girl, I think called Charlie, was in touch with them all the time, via some sort of...

Need name of old time travel movie from 80s [ 3 Answers ]

I used to own this movie, but it has escaped my ownership and it's killing me that I can't remember the name of it. I'd really like to own it again. I think it may have been a TV movie, but I'm pretty sure its not. It also may be a disney, not I'm not sure on that either. It is a movie about a...

View more questions Search