Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rose_1985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 03:18 AM
    Creatinine level
    I am a 22 yr old woman. I have a serum creatinine level of 0.9 mg/dL. Is this normal? Also, how can I reduce my creatinine level?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 29, 2008, 04:14 AM
    High Creatinine levels usually occur when the kidneys aren't functioning properly. Improper functioning causes improper filtration. The serum creatinine levels are determined therefore, to test the condition of the kidneys. Only proper medication recommended by your doctor will correct this condition.

So, no that level isn't normal.
    rose_1985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 08:54 PM
    Why isn't that normal? The normal range is between 0.5-1.4mg/dl.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2008, 01:09 AM
    Your creatinine levels are within normal range.

Do you exercise regularly? Active? If so, your levels are slightly higher than average... but even with that, your levels are within normal range. Why do you want to lower your creatinine?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 1, 2008, 04:13 AM
    If my creatinine level was say, 6, I wouldn't be concerned but the OP is .9 which is almost up there. I would be concerned if it was that high, and as I said, to my knowledge, the only way of lowering is with the proper medication from ones doctor. I would rather be safe then sorry.

You wouldn't happen to be a diabetic would you, rose ?
    vasugee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 09:11 PM
    Hello. I a 39 years female from India, diabetic for the past 20 years, my fasting sugar is 140 mg, blood urea is 27 mg and serum for creatinine is 0.9 mg, pl let me know what to do the results tell ? And I am having a pain to the left side of my abdomen, and sometimes difficulty in letting out nature's call, pl reply at the earliest

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can reduce Creatinine level in blood [ 16 Answers ]

Dear any Nephrologist member, Am Kumar 37 years, Male. Recently I noticed my Creatinine level is increasing from 1.3 to 1.52. Am HT past 8 years and under medication. How can reduce creatinine? What will be harmful to my health? Some calcium deposits find in my Kidney also. Your early answer...

Kidney creatinine rise from 1 to 1.4, then1.7? Rescue how? [ 8 Answers ]

My mother is diabetic. Her sugar levels are usually near 150 but these days near 250. Her s creatinine levels has risen from 1 to 1.4 to 1.7 in last 2 months. I want her to be perfectly OK. She doesn't walk much . Most of the house work is done by by wife only. What shouold be done to...

What to do when Creatinine levels our to high? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything to do besides starting on dialysis to lower the levels of Creatinine? Please help!

My creatinine level has gone up from 1.1 to 1.3 [ 1 Answers ]

5 years ago, I had renal cell carcinoma. I have 1 Kidney now as 1 was removed due to renal cell carcinoma. Today I got my routine blood test done. Creatinine was until now 1.1 but it has become 1.3. The limit is 1.4 Further in my Hepatic Biochemical profile, my Albumin (in Total proteins) has...

What is Creatinine? [ 1 Answers ]

CREATININE *If you are sent to the lab to test your blood for creatinine, what is the test trying to confirm?

View more questions Search