Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dennis dutcher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2006, 08:47 AM
    Magic chef electric dryer thermal cutoff
    Hello, I have a Magic Chef electric dryer model # YE/YG225LV, the dryer runs but doesn't heat up. I had this problem before and the part # 279769 was replaced by my dad last year and that solved the problem.
    My dad recently has passed away, and I want to know how to replace this part again, and where it is located, without having to call a tech and spend $100.Thanks for any help you can give to me.:rolleyes:
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 9, 2006, 04:23 PM
    I'm curious how you're using that Whirlpool part in a Magic Chef dryer? I'm afraid I won't be able to tell you where it is because there is no correct place to mount a 279769 in a Magic Chef dryer. Likely, we'll have to start over. There are usually several failures that can lead to the same symptoms in dryers. First, if it runs but won't heat, you need to make sure you don't have a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker. If one voltage line is dead, the dryer will run but won't heat. Usually it would be good idea to just replace the 30 amp fuses or turn off the breaker and then back on again. If that doesn't fix it, it's probably in the dryer. When the high limit cutoff in the Magic Chef dryer opens, the dryer won't run, so I doubt that's the problem. Also, in a Whirlpool dryer, when the 279769 opens, it won't run either, so I don't see how that could have fixed your issue last time. Check the power supply and let me know if you need additional help. I apologize for the time it took for me to see your question, but I usually only have time to check this site once or maybe twice each day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace Thermal Limiter on Frigidaire Dryer [ 8 Answers ]

Our Frigidaire Dryer will not turn on... According to the troubleshooting guide, we should replace the Thermal Limiter. I cannot figure out how to take the back of the dryer off to replace this part. Can you give me some very detailed instructions. Thanks. Natalie

Magic Chef Refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I run an apartment complex's maintenance department with 250 units. I've been doing this for a few years and before that I was in the hvac and appliance repair business. I have a problem that is popping up in several of these refrigerators that I have not figured out. I have called...

How to replace thermal cutoff switch [ 1 Answers ]

Want to know the location of thermal cutoff switch on Y Magic chef electric dryer so that I can replace with new one. Model # YE/YG225LV

Magic Chef Dryer shuts off [ 10 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! I have a Magic Chef dryer model #YE205KW. Recently, it stopped heating with no other problems. I replaced the high limit thermostat and the thermal fuse. It worked fine with the first load or two and now it shuts off after a few minutes of drying time. After a few minutes later,...

Electric Dryer Question [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire Electric Dryer that is taking entirely too long to dry clothes. It takes about 3 dryer cycles (approximately 3 hours) to get one regular load of clothes to dry completely. When I open the dryer, it feels pretty warm/hot. Any ideas what could be causing this?

View more questions Search