Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mangojoe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Deck vibrates badly
    I have a 42" troy Bilt riding mower. I let someone use it a while back and now the deck vibrates very violent when blades are engaged. Could someone tell me something to check concerning this problem? Thanks a lot
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Bent blade, bent shaft. Take the blades off, inspect and try to balance.
    See the sticky at the top of the forum about blade sharpening and removal.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Check your belts for worn spots, and check the blades for warping. Also, it could be the bearings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FL26 Weedeater Vibrates [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a FL26 Weedeater, new in box at a thift store, I know, you get what you pay for. I took it home, fueled it up and after about ten string pulls I got it started but only on full choke. When I move it to half choke the weedeater speeds up and then cuts off, the weed eater is vibrating badly...

Deck tables, tributary load, and beam size for deck [ 4 Answers ]

I am confused with "deck tables" from different sources, specifically concerning beam size for a deck. I am planning a basic deck as shown: 9677 Sources that describe the "tributary load" and "tributary length" would allow me to use as little as (1) 2x6 for the "front beam" (tributary...

Washing machine vibrates badly, even when running empty! [ 1 Answers ]

My Fridgidair washing machine has vibrated badly it seems like since we bought it about 3 years ago. It's not an unbalanced load, because I've tested it without any cloths in it, shouldn't it run nice a smooth without anything in it? I tried levelling it several times and it hasn't worked. ...

Whole house vibrates [ 3 Answers ]

When the blower is turned on, using either heat or AC, the whole house vibrates. Technicians diagnosis revealed that the blower was not balanced properly, which was my initial guess. Inspection also revealed that the fan (squirrel cage) had begun to rotate around the axle of the motor, despite...

AC runs non stop vibrates [ 5 Answers ]

Living in a condo I have a new neighbor who runs the A/C non stop even when it is freezing out and we have heat on. In the hot humid summer weather all the neighbors run for a time then shut off but this one runs NON STOP for 12 hours! The more it runs the louder it gets and vibrates up the...

View more questions Search