Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cowboyfan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 04:19 PM
    John deere kohler motor overreving
    My john deere lt160 with 16 horsepower kohler motor over revs when you start it and I am afraid it will blow up
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Check the linkages to the governor and check the springs that hook to the linkages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere L120 motor surging after warm up [ 3 Answers ]

John Deere L120 with ~ 150 hours on it. Briggs 20 HP V Twin engine. Regular service at the proper intervals - oil, oil filter, fuel filter, plugs, air filter / pre-cleaner all about 10 hours ago. This just started happening - runs great then after cutting for less than 30 minutes the motor begins...

Scotts (John Deere) with Kohler engine won't start! [ 1 Answers ]

Scotts (John Deere) riding mower with Kohler engine won't start!! Jump starting = no help. Made sure seat safety switch clean and ignition fuse OK. Brake on. Parking brake on/off. Disengaged and re-engaged tranny. Made sure blade handle full up and a little more and a little less just in case...

Deere LX176, kohler 14hp. Won't turnover? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a John Deere LX176 with a kohler 14hp engine. Upon trying to start, it acted like a dead battery with indicator lights, then won't do anything. I checked fuses, cleaned terminials,checked wiring for connections or shorts, tried to jump start, still no indicator lights or engine turnover....

John Deere Hydrom Motor Repair [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have advise on repairing a RH wheel motor on a John Deere HD 75. The part number is AM124687, which has been changed to TCA13326. The RH side just stopped, belt is running fine, but no go. The issues is two fold, the cost for a new replacement is as much as the mower is worth, and there...

John deere lx 288 [ 1 Answers ]

Blades won't engage and when you try to engage them the mower wants to quit running.

View more questions Search