Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessicabetty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Legal age to move out without parents consent ontario?
    What is Legal age to move out without parents consent ontario?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2008, 02:44 PM
    The age of majority in Canada is the age at which a person is considered by law to be an adult. A person younger than the age of majority is considered a "minor child."
    Ontario - 18
    kilok99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Aug 22, 2009, 09:41 PM
    K first of all I'm 15 and I know more than you you can move out at 15 since you are moving on to your 16"th year cause 16 is the legal age a lot of younger kids don't know but it is true I moved out I know tons of info about court so if any qustionsabout court issus just ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 10:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kilok99 View Post
    k first of all im 15 and i know more than you you can move out at 15 since you are moving on to your 16"th year cause 16 is the legal age alot of younger kids dont know but it is true i moved out i know tons of info about court so if any qustionsabout court issus just ask
    Okay then what is the Canadian way of moving out legally since you seem to know.
    mrcheff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 05:29 PM
    Back in 2000 when I moved out it was 16, but I am not sure if it's the same law, but I would like to know if the law has changed since then or not.
    rjphillips88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 04:46 AM
    i'm in canada / ontario and 17 years old and i want to go to a pub and return home at 4am. Is that legal?
    tania1995 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 04:11 PM
    Kk well I'm going on 16 in April and I'm planing on leaving I want to know if my parents ken do anything about it like my boyfriend is 17 now so going to be 18 in may sooo like ken he get charged and ken the police do anything.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 11:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tania1995 View Post
    kk well im going on 16 in april and im planing on leaving i wanna know if my parents ken do anything about it like my boyfriend is 17 now soo gonna be 18 in may sooo like ken he get charged and ken the police do anything.?
    Can... ken:confused::confused::confused:
    Yes,your parents KEN stop you. And yes-the police KEN arrest him/if we are not emancipated/...
    freakymoonangel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 01:35 PM
    Comment on tania1995's post
    No the police can not do anything. 16 in the age of consent which means you can live legally with an adult who is less then 5 years older.
    tanya1323 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2011, 06:22 PM
    I have a question I need answered asap.

I have a friend who has a troubled family; they do drugs, alcoholics, you name it. When she's 16 she wants to move out of her familys home and move in with me and my family. Is this safe, legal? Can anything happen to me if this does happen; example: police show up, etc.

Please let me know, thank you :)
    ThatPersonThere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2011, 03:25 PM
    In ontario the legal age to move out with someone else is 14 years, and the other person will NOT be charged aslong as there is no help from this person. At 16 years you may choose to move out of your parents house. At 16 you can also rent an apartment, buy a house, etc. If your house is deemed unfit, you could claim financial support from your parents.
    http://www.jfcy.org/ All on the website

Hope its helpful :D
    Crisen_cloudia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2011, 02:15 PM
    I am 14 and I want to move out and live with my grandparents,I live in ontario, canada. I really need to know if I can. It is an emergancy. (Sorry If my spelling is bad.)
    julesbourck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2012, 02:18 PM
    You can legally move out when you are 16 years old. If you are under 18 and want to move out, and your parents say you can't, then you can apply for an emmancipation. This basically states that your parents have to let you move out, as well as give you all your personal documents (such as your birth certificate, health card, etc.), otherwise they will be charge. I am looking into this right now, and this is the correct answer for Ontario at least, and it is up to date (January 16th, 2012). Hope I helped! :)
    JoJotheJetPlane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 09:43 PM
    Okay so I know this is like epicly late on this thread which hasn't been active since August of last year but at 17 can someone in Ontario move out and live in the United States without parental permission? My boyfriend is being neglected and emotionally abused and wants to move into my house down in Washington State. Would that be possible?
    JoJotheJetPlane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 09:44 PM
    Sorry my mistake, January of this year
    TheHelperOuter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 02:04 PM
    This May not be safe as you have mentioned they are troubled and there may be no legal harm done but physical may come directly from the family. All though this is Legal , I personally would not recommend doing so
    I hope this information was helpful to you.Good Luck To you and your Friend

Sincerely,

TheHelperOuter
    G-made Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 11:56 PM
    Can you Facebook or email me more info on how you moved out. Cause I've been tryna move ouuta my house since I was like 14.. now that I'm 16 I acctually want to try to move out of here. Btw, my email is <EMAIL REMOVED>. Thanks !
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 03:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by G-made View Post
    Can you facebook or email me more info on how you moved out. Cause ive been tryna move ouuta my house since i was like 14.. now that im 16 i acctually wanna try to move outta here. Btw, my email is <EMAIL REMOVED>. Thanks !
    We do not allow off-site contact from this site. Please contain all answers and conversation regarding your post to Ask Me Help Desk.
    am_preston Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 09:42 AM
    Will a judge vary an existing sole custody order that has been in existence for 14 years when the child turns 16 because the child wants to live with their other parent who has never had custody or rights?

"You can legally move out when you are 16 years old. If you are under 18 and want to move out, and your parents say you can't, then you can apply for an emmancipation. This basically states that your parents have to let you move out, as well as give you all your personal documents (such as your birth certificate, health card, etc.), otherwise they will be charge. I am looking into this right now, and this is the correct answer for Ontario at least, and it is up to date (January 16th, 2012). Hope I helped!"
    stella artella Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 05:33 PM
    Does this "rule" apply in the state of Alabama?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Legal age to move out [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16 years old and I will be turning 17 I'm a couple of months and I was considering moving out when I turn 17 and I was wondering at the age if my grandmother called the police would I still be considered a runaway and what will the police do.:confused:

Who has the legal rights to parents ashes? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question requarding my fathers ashes. In 1999 my father passed away, At the time of his death he was not married. He had a live in girl friend of 12 years. I don't know if Philadelphia is a common law state or not. My dad had three daughters. Two from his first marriage and one from his...

30 yr old who wants to move out and afraid to tell her parents [ 20 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 30 yr old adult who feels like a child. My parents are European and Catholic and I still live at home. That itself should explain it all. My life has been kind of a roller coaster. I have been engaged twice but couldn't go through with it. I am now the happiest I have ever been with...

In South Dakota do you have to have your parents consent? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I live with my dad and my step-mom. I recently got kicked out of my apartment. I moved out in February, and I lived in an independent living program, called Stepping Stones. Well, I didn't come home one night, and I got kicked out. My dad called me in as a runaway, and my brother found out...

View more questions Search