Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michellepio124 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Value of Confederate $5, Silver Coins, $1 signed by Barr and 1953 $2
    Hello,
    I'd like to find out the value of a few items:

$5.00 Confederate Bill. It is in very good condition (based on the charts offered from this site) but yellowed. The bill has three signatures on it.

Two dollar bills: I have three different types. One is with a red seal and red serial number starting and ending with A dated 1953. They have the Monticello on the back. The second is a green seal and serial number starting with L and ending with A. The third is a green seal and serial number starting with G and ending with A. These have the Declaration of Independence on the back. Very good condition to slightly better.

One dollar bills: I have a stack of $1.00 bills that were signed by Joseph W. Barr. I guess he was the Secretary of the Treasury for only a short time. I don't know if that matters or not.

Finally, some silver coins. They are each 1 ounce troy Fine Silver with the words, Johnson Matthey, Assayers Refiners. There are no dates, no markings other than "999" and JM with two pick axes.

I appreciate your time and answers.
    Thanks!
    Michelle
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Michellepio124 - I am trying to get my confederate money book back from a friend I loned it to ,I haven't been able to catch him at home ,I plan on going by his place tomorrow again. I need more information on all the paper currency.
    I need to know the following, things so that I can Get the Right answer for you to your questions, Ok here goes.
    #1 - THE SERIES DATE AS FLLOWS- example - 1953, 1953a ,1953B,1953C Ect Ect.
    #2 - Both or at least one of the signatures.
    #3 - ON the coins the mint mark, and denomination
    #4- The denomination ,& What is at the top of the bill, Example - Silver certificate, federal reserve note,legal tender note, united states note, ECT ECT.
    $5 - Color of the seal, serial numbers,If there is a red or green star befior the serial numbers or after;; After I get these answers ,I can do something for you;;;

Here is some informatioon I can give you now :: The $1.00 dollar bill you have that is signed by BARR, - Barr and Kathryn O'Hay Granahan, served for only 28 days, From 12/23/68 through 01/20/69:: THE bill you have should be a Federal Reserve Note ,With a Green Seal, The series date should be 1963B:: IN Vf-20 Value is $ 3.00
    In UNC-63 From $5.50 to $ 22.00 ( it depend on the number and the letter fllowing the series date ( Number could be 1902B,E,G,J,L,( What City Was the issuing Bank??
    I don't have a book that covers silver ingots, but I will try to get what you need from another soure-ce
    Have a good day and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my 1953 Silver Certificate worth more than five bucks? [ 11 Answers ]

I have come across a 1953 5 dollar bill. I have never seen one before. It is actually a silver certificate with a blue seal and blue print for the serial number. I don't have a lot of knowledge about these. Basically, I am wondering if it is worth more than the obvious 5 dollars? It has very little...

Silver Coins [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know what year the US coins stopped being made from Silver? (I am a beginner at coin collecting as was wondering what year) Thanks!:D

1953 silver certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1953 silver certificate. It's in pretty good condition, just a fold down the center. It's got a blue stamp and the serial number is A78110304A. I'm just curious to know if it happens to be worth anything and if it is, then what? Thanks... :D

Are my Silver Certificates and you.S.coins worth anything [ 7 Answers ]

Hello; I have quite a few silver certifcates,dated from 1928A.The blue seal is on the left and the serial# Z49929498A. It is in mint conditon,and it is signed by AW Mallon. And also a 1935 silver certificate,blue seal on the right. And serial #Q74542844C and signed by Henry Monrgenthau Jr. And a...

Epstein barr virus [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have epstein barr virus,and did it cause a cyst to develop on your liver?I need advice from a person who suffers with this virus.

View more questions Search