Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2006, 06:49 PM
    Could the Devil be from another planet?
    This is a silly question maybe, and I know there is no scriptural basis for it. However, I recently saw John Carpenter's movie "Prince of Darkness", and it explains that Satan basically was an ancient evil being from another galaxy who came and tried to take over the earth. Anyway I thought it was kind of an interesting idea. Reminded me a bit also of the movie "Stargate".
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Apr 8, 2006, 11:10 PM
    Not a silly question... been pondering the alien issue for years... what if all we are is a giant experiment and the aliens are the watchers... plucking a few subjects here and there to see how far we have evolved... the Satan from another galaxy could totally be believable...

We can not trust our eyes for the truth is never easy to see
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2006, 05:16 AM
    HI,
    Depends on your beliefs.
    My own personal religious and spiritual beliefs do not see the Devil coming from another planet.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 9, 2006, 11:26 AM
    The Bible tells us that he is not from another planet but is simply one of the original spirit creatures called angels who decided to rebel. However, he's just as alien as if he were from another planet and capable of doing far more damage if he wasn't held back.

1 Peter 5:8
    Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
    NIV
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2006, 03:25 AM
    The Christian answer, in general, is that Satan is a created angelic being; not a physical being that would reside on a planet.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 10:47 AM
    We all know what the majority of the people believe the Bible says about it and what certain relions say about it... there is no need to pound that answer into the ground.

On a matter of speculation, I agree with Tommy up there. It is a fascinating idea and in my eyes, is actually perfectly explainable by the Bible and religion.

Of course, our Human interpretation of the Bible just isn't that way. Why? I don't know. I know that there are those out there that believe this idea 100%. Does Religion discount this idea? I mean, if that is true, would the Creator not be considered God? What part of Religion says that Heaven is NOT simply another planet, realm, or dimension? Or that Angels are not just another Life Form?
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 11:17 AM
    Thanks for all your answers guys... Yes I know there is no biblical basis for it, I was just interested in the idea after seeing the movie. Like I said, it also kind of reminds me of the movie Stargate, in which the Egyptian gods were powerful aliens from another planet.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    Of course, our Human interpretation of the Bible just isnt that way. Why? I dont know. I know that there are those out there that believe this idea 100%. Does Religion discount this idea? I mean, if that is true, would the Creator not be considered God? What part of Religion says that Heaven is NOT simply another planet, realm, or dimension? Or that Angels are not just another Life Form?
    Those are great questions, DrJ! This is the kind of thing I'm wondering about too. Maybe someone on the forum can answer or elaborate a bit more. I think it's really interesting too that other people believe this or have speculated about it... I didn't realize it was so widespread. But I guess the idea for the movie had to come from somewhere!

This is slightly off topic, but a similar idea... someone told me that the Mormons believe in other planets, and that when you die, you go to live on another planet. Is this true? Maybe there is someone who belongs to the Mormon church (or knows something about it) who can answer this. Thanks.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    This is slightly off topic, but a similar idea... someone told me that the Mormons believe in other planets, and that when you die, you go to live on another planet. Is this true? Maybe there is someone who belongs to the Mormon church (or knows something about it) who can answer this. Thanks.
    Im not Mormon, and therefore, maybe shouldn't be answering this question... but, from what I have picked up over time is that they do. If you lead a perfect enough life, you will transcend to become a God of your own planet. I believe part of the reason why they have many children is that their children will populate their planet.

They also believe that Jesus and Lucifer were brothers.

(Again, this is information that I have picked up over time and I cannot back it up so don't take it to the heart.)
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2006, 12:27 PM
    Yes, Mormons are taught that we can one day be the God of our own planet. In fact they believe that the god of our planet is a created being.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 12:30 PM
    Hmmm... interesting. Where do they get these ideas? Are they in the Book of Mormon?
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2006, 12:35 PM
    I don't find it verbatum in the Book of Mormon, but was told that by an elder at one of our local Mormon Temples.

Here's a bit more about it with citations:
    http://www.ondoctrine.com/1mormo19.htm
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 12:39 PM
    Thanks so much, Rick... I'll check it out when I get a chance. :)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2006, 10:58 PM
    Fallen angels. Wasn't Satan a Fallen Angel? So... like... where did he and his cronies fall from? Musta been from out of the sky. So here we are, a bunch of dumb humans some 20, 30, 40 or so thousand years ago and here come these super dudes falling from the sky. Genesis says they had sex with earth woman and had some really narley offspring. Big dudes of renown. Big doesn't have to mean giants. Big hearts? Big brains? Anyway, they taught us how to do some pretty cool things. Like blow stuff up and kill lots of other humans. Their offspring are still here by the way. Some of them are working in Washington DC as we speak! They say that G.W. is one but that just makes me laugh! I think he is an honorary little devil! Most of them are the kings bloodline that rule most nations. The thing is, they can't leave this planet since this is where they were banished to. They have decided that soon they will stop the charade and come out for all the world to see. When that happens, life as we know it will suddenly end! Enoch told all about them but they (the church fathers) suppresed it. More about the real truth of this planet has been suppressed than has not. That is why everyone keeps asking these same questions!:eek:
    -

Apr 10, 2006, 11:23 PM
    Bible human history goes back only about 6000 years. The term "fall" is not a literal fall. It is a distancing or falling away from God's favor. The term nephilim doesn't mean giant or big. To say that the nephilim survived God's judgement is to say that God failed.
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2006, 09:09 AM
    Yep, that's what everybody says!
    -

Apr 11, 2006, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Yep, that's what everybody says!
    That's what the Bible which you claim to have unswerving faith in says.

Jesus himself spoke about the Noachian flood as an historical event:

Luke 17:27
    People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all. NIV

The book of Jude speaks about the rebel angels and how they have been restrained since that time.

Jude 1
    6And (U)angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has (V)kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day,
    NIV
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Apr 11, 2006, 12:40 PM
    I recall hearing a theory that the hollywood standard "gray alien" is thought to really be a demon - out to corrupt humanity. Extrapolating that, it seems almost logical that the devil could be from another planet!
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2006, 01:40 PM
    Satan plays with us in many different ways. If the people of earth thought that they were being invaded by "real space aliens" then would'nt they question the bible and GOD's word? In Genesis, it say's that the fallen angels had sex with earth women and their offspring would not be allowed to enter heaven after dying. GOD told them that they would be evil spirits that roamed the earth. That is who the "aliens" are that people claim to have these encounters with. It's all designed to blow your mind and question GOD. Don't buy into it. We are much more powerful than they. They were jelious of us from the beginning. They don't have much to look forward to but we can create our own destiny with one, hard held, positive thought. There is only one truth in the entire universe and that one truth will prevail in the end.:p
    -

Apr 12, 2006, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysteakandcheese
    I recall hearing a theory that the hollywood standard "gray alien" is thought to really be a demon - out to corrupt humanity. Extrapolating that, it seems almost logical that the devil could be from another planet!
    I'm familiar with that concept and it certainly is possible that UFOs and alien sightings are just another effort on the part of Satan and his cohorts to distract mankind from paying attention to the things that really matter in our lives. One thing to keep in mind for our own safety is that although such demons are not permitted to materialize any longer as they did during Noah's day, one way that they still are able to approach humans is via spirit mediums, through which they impersonate deceased loved ones.

BTW
    That's why the Mosaic Law prohibits the consultation with spirit mediums. Because it opens a gateway to communication with rebel angels. Israelite King Saul was one who disobeyed this commandment and paid the price.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 09:26 AM
    The point I am very unclear on is the time frames in which Satan and all of his cohorts are susposed to stay locked down. Some folks believe that the only place they were banished to was here on the earth. Just like Adam and Eve were cast out of paradise onto the earth, so were Satan and the others... to the lower physical plane. A lot of people these days are experiancing something other worldly. If Satan and his buddies are locked away somewhere, then what are people actually seeing?:confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Planet X? [ 3 Answers ]

I've come across a site, www.zetatalk.com, which talks about the passage of a planet known as the 12th planet, and is referred to as "Planet X" in other places. What's the deal about it?

Should Pluto Remain Categorized as a planet? [ 24 Answers ]

Some astronomers have decided to demote Pluto and simply call it a Kuiper Belt object. What is your opinion. I personally see no harm in letting Pluto retain its planet status. Maybe the criteria for this classification should be size and distance. We might try using Pluto's farthest orbital...

Is it a planet? [ 2 Answers ]

Right now(4:00AM) in Wyoming, in the north eastern part of the sky, just above the horizon there is a HUGE bright star that seems to pulsate(twinkle) When I first saw it I thought it was a UFO! It is very prominent in the sky. Does anyone know if this is a planet or just a very large star? Okay...

Shape of planet orbits [ 1 Answers ]

Why is the shape of most planet's orbits elliptical?

View more questions Search