Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 12, 2006, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    The point I am very unclear on is the time frames in which Satan and all of his cohorts are susposed to stay locked down. Some folks believe that the only place they were banished to was here on the earth. Just like Adam and Eve were cast out of paradise onto the earth, so were Satan and the others...to the lower physical plane. A lot of people these days are experiancing something other worldly. If Satan and his buddies are locked away somewhere, then what are people actually seeing?:confused:

I had written a more detailed answer but my computer crashed and I lost all the material. I will reboot to see if that fixes the problem and try to provide scriptural support later today.

In the book of Job Satan is shown having some access to heaven. This fact is confirmed later in the book of Revelations as you shall see.

Job 1:6
    Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Job 1:7
    And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. KJV

Then he is shown bringing calamity to Job on earth. This is after the flood so the condition described in Jude as tartarus wasn't preventing him from shuttling between heaven and earth. In Job also a spirit or demon is described as helping Satan against Job via messages through dreams. So they too were active as well.

He and his demons also were busy during Jesus' day as can be seen by the people they harassed.

Matthew 8

28And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
    29And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? Art thou come hither to torment us before the time? KJV

So the imprisonment or restraint did not involve their continued meddling in human affairs or even their access to heaven for that matter unless the scripture limits that punishment to the angels who took part in the preflood incident. But we cannot understand it that way because then we would need to exempt Satan from the punishment. In view of these facts, some Bible scholars have concluded that the reference to darkness and being in bonds refers to their being divested of their former heavenly privileges and their being far from God's light. In anyt case, their would come a time when they would be restricted even further by being tewmporarily confined to earth.

The book of Revelations describes this then future event shown to JOhn in a vision:

Revelation 12

7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. KJV

Then we are told that this end time would end with a war called Armageddon. Satan and his angels would be restrained for a thousand years during which time they would be prevented from interacting with mankind.

Revelation 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. KJV

After the thousand years during which the resurrection of the dead and physical and spiritual healing until mankind reaches its former Adamic perfection takes place, they will be permitted to tempt mankind for the final time and then destroyed.

BTW

The time of the end is described as a time of turmoil, confusion, fear, anxiety about the things mankind is experiencing. It is attributed to Satan's knowing he has only a short time before he is retrained and being angered by it. This is described as happening after he's restricted to earth.

Revelation 12:12
    Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. KJV
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 03:28 PM
    I listen to the late night radio show, Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell and George Norey quite a bit. There are a lot of people seeing what they are calling "Shadow People", Aliens, and also a lot of people are waking in the night to a very distinguished looking gentleman standing over them exuding nothing but pure evil throughout the room. I know there are things such as sleep disorders but this is getting out of hand. I was listening to a guy that has a theory that during the Hitler period, Satan was loosed even more upon the planet to reek havock. I don't know for sure but I am 50 years old and I can honestly tell you that this world is changing and it isn't for the better! I believe we are in the very beginning of the end times the bible talks about. I really do wish it were just a fairy tale like so many want to believe but I'm afraid that is just not the case. At any rate, thanks for the good info and sorry about your computer crashing. I panic when my computer starts acting like it has a brain of it's own!:)
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 09:30 PM
    Hope I'm not interrupting your discussion guys, but I just wanted to say thanks for all the great things you've contributed to my thread. I'm really enjoying reading it all! I don't have much to contribute as I don't know enough about the subject, but I'm very happy to read it, so keep writing! :)
    -

Apr 12, 2006, 10:39 PM
    I listen to the late night radio show, Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell and George Norey quite a bit. There are a lot of people seeing what they are calling "Shadow People", Aliens, and also a lot of people are waking in the night to a very distinguished looking gentleman standing over them exuding nothing but pure evil throughout the room. I know there are things such as sleep disorders but this is getting out of hand. I was listening to a guy that has a theory that during the Hitler period, Satan was loosed even more upon the planet to reek havock. I don't no for sure but I am 50 years old and I can honestly tell you that this world is changing and it aint for the better! I believe we are in the very beginning of the end times the bible talks about. I really do wish it were just a fairy tale like so many want to believe but I'm afraid that is just not the case. At any rate, thanks for the good info and sorry about your computer crashing. I panic when my computer starts acting like it has a brain of it's own!:)

Well, the end of this world is good news since it means that earth will finally once again be under the direct administration of the one who created it.

Luke 21:31
    So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

Isaiah 65

17For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Revelation 21:4
    And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. KJV

BTW
    My computer is just too old to be reliable. It is a Compaq 1995 version.
    Sooner or later I will simply have to force myself to throw it away.
    About the UFOs, I saw one thirty years ago and it focused its lights on me. YIKES!
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 10:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    BTW
    My computer is just too old to be reliable. It is a Compaq 1995 version.
    Sooner or later I will simply have to force myself to throw it away.
    About the UFOs, I saw one thirty years ago and it focused its lights on me. YIKES!
    OMG Starman and you're actually able to get internet on it?? :D

That's even older than my old Windows 98 IBM, which we have now given to the kids to play on. I just got a new computer with Windows xp. Actually I was pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive it was. And it's much faster and easier to use.
    -

Apr 12, 2006, 10:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    OMG Starman and you're actually able to get internet on it??? :D

That's even older than my old Windows 98 IBM, which we have now given to the kids to play on. I just got a new computer with Windows xp. Actually I was pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive it was. And it's much faster and easier to use.

LOL Everyone is amazed on how I tweak this machine and keep it barely going. When I bought it, of course, it was state-of-the art technology. Now the only state it's in maybe is a state of shock. My CD ROM is nonfunctional since it has a disk stuck in it. But you know Orange, considering its age, it's not doing that bad. But I think I better take evasive action before it decides to call it quits. After all, tweaking can only get you so far and then it's goodnight muchachos. : )
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2006, 11:45 PM
    Yeah it must be a pretty good machine to still be going! At least you're getting your money's worth, as computers cost an awful lot more in 1995 than they do now! :p

Seriously though, I'm wondering how you manage to have internet on it, LOL. Here, to have DSL or cable internet, you need at least windows 98. Are you on dial-up? Or did you manage to tweak it enough to get highspeed internet? If so, you should be congratulated... that's pretty amazing! :)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Yes, I am curious also. Did you upgrade to win 98? If so, you probably had to throw in a bigger hard drive since 98 is a much larger file than 95. Then, memory becomes a problem. Also, did you replace the old crank start with a new bolt on electric start? :)
    I have also seen UFOs. My good friend and I were backpacking and we had three of them buzz us for about 3 hours. The deep, gut feeling I got from them was not a good feeling. More sinister than anything else. We tried to make it back to civilization before anything happened. I am not sure that is the case though. Only a hypnotist could tell for sure.:confused:
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2006, 12:52 PM
    Yes, I am curious also. Did you upgrade to win 98? If so, you probably had to throw in a bigger hard drive since 98 is a much larger file than 95. Then, memory becomes a problem. Also, did you replace the old crank start with a new bolt on electric start? :)
    The other amazing thing about it is that it's a Compaq! Not that compaqs are bad, but from what I've heard, they are difficult to upgrade. So Starman, you will have to fill us on all that!

I have also seen UFOs. My good friend and I were backpacking and we had three of them buzz us for about 3 hours. The deep, gut feeling I got from them was not a good feeling. More sinister than anything else. We tried to make it back to civilization before anything happened. I am not sure that is the case though. Only a hypnotist could tell for sure.:confused:
    Oooh that sounds so creepy and yet so exciting. I've never seen a UFO, although I'd really like to. The only thing we see in the sky up north is the Aurora Bourealis (northern lights). But they are pretty spectacular!
    -

Apr 13, 2006, 05:11 PM
    Yeah it must be a pretty good machine to still be going! At least you're getting your money's worth, as computers cost an awful lot more in 1995 than they do now! :p

Seriously though, I'm wondering how you manage to have internet on it, LOL. Here, to have DSL or cable internet, you need at least windows 98. Are you on dial-up? Or did you manage to tweak it enough to get highspeed internet? If so, you should be congratulated... that's pretty amazing! :)

Hi Orange!

I did try to run it on high speed net but the memory was too clogged at that time and it didn't work out. But I have far more memory now since I went on a deleting-of- unecessary-programs rampage some time ago. So that wouldn't be a problem any longer--I think. Yep! I'm still using Windows 95. I can't upgrade because there is a CD stuck in the CDROM drive. This also prevents me from using the reinstallation CD that came with the computer and forces me to come up with compensatory strategies which have kept the unit going but at an ever decreasing efficiency. After years of unrelenting struggle, I can now finally and honestly say that it is on its last legs.

BTW
    I was advised to either invest a substantial amount of money in fixing the computer or else buy a new one. I think I'll go for the latter since the cost of fixing it would be greater than its market value.
    -

Apr 13, 2006, 05:24 PM
    Hi magprob!

I only use the crank when the electric bolt-on digamajig goes haywire.
    I'm still on Windows 95 cause of a disk stuck in the CDROM.

You were harassed three hours by UFOS?
    How were they buzzing you? How close were they?
    My experience lasted about fifteen minutes and I came away feeling as you do.
    The thing's shape, its movement, its lights that focused on me, and its erratic silent running as well as its organic looking hull were indeed sinister! There was also a time discrepancy when I arrived home and headlines in the papers the next day about a UFO causing havoc at the Miami Airport. That's the direction it was moving when I last saw it
    misty1947 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 09:28 PM
    This is a silly question maybe, and I know there is no scriptural basis for it. However, I recently saw John Carpenter's movie "Prince of Darkness", and it explains that Satan basically was an ancient evil being from another galaxy who came and tried to take over the earth. Anyways I thought it was kind of an interesting idea. Reminded me a bit also of the movie "Stargate".
    Hi

Yes he is from another planet but so is God. They are all from another planet.

misty1947
    misty1947 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Yes it is somewhat like stargate/ did you know there are some places that we are not allowed to go because it is like a stargate. It could be like a door, or tunnel etc.

misty1947
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 01:11 PM
    This is a silly question maybe, and I know there is no scriptural basis for it. However, I recently saw John Carpenter's movie "Prince of Darkness", and it explains that Satan basically was an ancient evil being from another galaxy who came and tried to take over the earth. Anyways I thought it was kind of an interesting idea. Reminded me a bit also of the movie "Stargate".
    It is not a silly question orange,

It is something to think about...

Devil /Satan /Shaitan may not be from another planet according to muslim beliefs, but it is not an angel but it is from among the jinn (creatures made from smokeless fire)(some jinn are good while others are evil just like among humans).
    And we believe they do live in a different dimension from the humans and sometimes they can see us even if we cannot see them.

Satan was just one of the favoured jinns at the time Adam was created but it disobeyed the command of the Almighty for it and the angels to bow down to Adam and hence was doomed to be in the Hellfire and cast out of Heaven.
    It has been given respite until this world ends and Satan has promised to mislead as many humans as possible from the right path.

I do wonder too if all those seeing UFOs could be seeing jinns flying from one place to another and not some alien intelligent being from another planet.!

http://muttaqun.com/quran/e/
    Chapter 72 of the Quran is all about the jinn
    cassini Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2007, 05:25 AM
    Many sufi psychics had seen jinns through the meditation- even god was also visible for them through the 6th sense-
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cassini
    many sufi psychics had seen jinns through the meditation- even god was also visible for them through the 6th sense-
    Hey Cassini,
    Sufi mystics think they see God, which means that they believe they are seeing God, but most muslims will not agree with this as a fact.

Sufis seeing jinn, I can believe as many ordinary people also see jinn (ghosts/spirits) in their daily lives.:)
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 9, 2007, 04:49 PM
    I don't believe in satan. I only believe in God. Life elsewhere in the universe may exist, but it would take them millions or billions of years to traverse the vast distances involved, which makes it improbable that the earth has ever been visited by someone or something from elsewhere in the universe.
    godiva Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Nov 15, 2007, 08:31 AM
    There is no devil
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Some people say that the earth is hollow Admiral Byrd and others have said they have been to the center of the earth and there were alien creatures there. I think the Nordics or the grays.
    And then there is the *myth* that hell is in the center of the earth.
    The Bible does say about the principalities and powers of the air meaning demonic spirits which could be aliens as well as some references in the Old Testament that could be referring to UF0's.
    jackman Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle
    Im not Mormon, and therefore, maybe shouldnt be answering this question... but, from what I have picked up over time is that they do. If you lead a perfect enough life, you will transcend to become a God of your own planet. I believe part of the reason why they have many children is that their children will populate their planet.

They also believe that Jesus and Lucifer were brothers.

(Again, this is information that I have picked up over time and I cannot back it up so dont take it to the heart.)
    You can not have a sibling unless you were born of woman.Satin was not born>
    Jack

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Planet X? [ 3 Answers ]

I've come across a site, www.zetatalk.com, which talks about the passage of a planet known as the 12th planet, and is referred to as "Planet X" in other places. What's the deal about it?

Should Pluto Remain Categorized as a planet? [ 24 Answers ]

Some astronomers have decided to demote Pluto and simply call it a Kuiper Belt object. What is your opinion. I personally see no harm in letting Pluto retain its planet status. Maybe the criteria for this classification should be size and distance. We might try using Pluto's farthest orbital...

Is it a planet? [ 2 Answers ]

Right now(4:00AM) in Wyoming, in the north eastern part of the sky, just above the horizon there is a HUGE bright star that seems to pulsate(twinkle) When I first saw it I thought it was a UFO! It is very prominent in the sky. Does anyone know if this is a planet or just a very large star? Okay...

Shape of planet orbits [ 1 Answers ]

Why is the shape of most planet's orbits elliptical?

View more questions Search