Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shell 1111 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Baby movement
    Hi,

I'm 18 weeks pregnant and would like to know when normally should you feel the baby moving? I certainly haven't felt a kick. I have on occasion felt a 'bubble like' feeling in my tummy but I've put that down to needing to go to the toilet, or gas. I bought one of those heart monitor things from Mothercare the other day but can't hear anything?
    I have my 20 week scan the end of next week and I would just like to felt something before then.

Shell
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Shell,

It's not uncommon to not feel much movement until 20 weeks or so. The bubble like feeling you have now is to be expected at this stage. Some women notice it sooner (usually with subsequent pregnancies), some later. As far as the heart monitor... some work better than others, it can also be a matter of positioning of baby and the placenta. The monitors can be reassuring, when they work... but cause worry when they don't work!
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Jul 28, 2008, 02:54 PM
    I am currently 17 1/2 weeks pregnant with my second. I have felt a few kicks and squirms within the last 2 weeks but they are very sporadic. I mostly feel the baby when I am laying in bed on my back. I felt my son kick when I was about 16 weeks along. It was very light but as soon as he hit his 20 week mark he almost kicked me to death every day. I was very thin then. I find out in about 2 more weeks what I am having. What are you hoping for? Give it until the 20 week mark. Most women feel their baby's first kick between the 19th and 22nd week.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No movement at 34 weeks [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone and everyone please help me! I am starting to get very aggrivated because I have felt no movement at all today and I am starting to get really heavy cramps can anyone tell me what I should do and if this is normal because I am worrying myself to death can someone please give me some...

Baby movement [ 12 Answers ]

I am 25 weeks pregnant and still hardly feel the baby moving. I sometimes feel the slight flutter in my lower abdomen but haven't felt a strong kick or movement. I looked online and most websites say you should feel the baby move between 16-20 weeks and should be feeling strong movements by the...

Not feeling well, less movement [ 3 Answers ]

Hey everyone! Just a little concern... Last night around 11 I suddenly didn't feel well. Just felt very tired and not quite myself. I didn't wake up once until around 9 this morning. Not even for a bathroom break! Well, when I woke up I was cramping. It didn't last too long, and wasn't real bad....

Less movement? [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if any one else has had a pregnancy in which the baby moved very little in the third trimester. I worry because I had a very nice amount of movement late in the second trimester and now early in the third movement is rare. The doctor tells me to try sugar or caffeine to...

View more questions Search