Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 09:30 PM
    No cliffhanger, more like an Obama landslide
    No cliffhanger, more like an Obama landslide - US Election - smh.com.au

And some of you guys would have us believe that his support is dwindling. Hahaha! That's what happens when you believe everything you see on TV. Didn't your parents warn you about that? Believe nothing that you hear and half of what you see?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 03:20 AM
    I can only hope Obama wins the election. Too many important issues riding on this impending election, and although I respect John McCain, the US can't take another 4 years of disastrous foreign policy and paying out the nose, while Americans lose jobs and suffer.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jul 28, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Write this on the wall so you won't forget it. If Obama becomes president, even you won't like it before his only term is over.

I expect to see bumper stickers with the message "Don't blame me! I didn't vote".
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Today's RCP average is Obama 46.5, McCain 43.3 - and the graph points downward for Obama and up for McCain. ;)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Actually it looks like a good run for Obama:
    Pollster.com - Political Poll Trends, Charts and Analysis

Abd check out Texas!
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Actually it looks like a good run for Obama:
    Pollster.com - Political Poll Trends, Charts and Analysis
    Yeah, check out Texas. Besides the fact Obama stands no chance in Texas, McCain is raking in the cash here. :D
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 28, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Most indications we have point to Obama winning the election if held today. I suspect the same will be true in November especially after we get past a few debates. Just a correction to make concerning my earlier posting on the RCP: actually it was yesterday's (7/27) RCP average that had Obama at an 3.2 advantage, but that poll didn't reflect the newest data from the Gallup. In other words, every poll used in the RCP formula since 5/01/08 (BTW over twenty polls used in the past months) has Obama in a lead with the momentary exception of the USA Today/Gallup poll that posted yesterday toward the average.

On Politics - Breaking News, Election 2008 & Presidential Candidates

"The USA TODAY/Gallup Poll is separate from Gallup's daily "tracking" poll on the presidential race, which this afternoon shows Obama ahead by 8 points among registered voters -- 48%-40%.

Frank says that while the tracking poll indicates Obama may have gotten some gains from his overseas trip last week, any benefits may be short-lived. That tracking poll of 2,674 registered voters was also done Friday-Sunday and the margins of error on the results are +/- 2 percentage points.

As for the difference between the tracking and USA TODAY/Gallup polls, Frank says not to read too much into it. "Statistical noise" may be largely to blame.
    "

But did not include Gallup's daily update that reflects, as of today (7/28), Obama's eight point lead: Gallup.com.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jul 29, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Polls tend to influence weak minded people who can't make up their own minds, and smart pollsters know how to ask the questions to get the results they want. I know that's not true 100% but I dislike the polls either way because there are too many people who vote a certain way "because most other people are voting that way". That's a really poor reason.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Obama The One? [ 27 Answers ]

Check this, if you dare: He ventured forth to bring light to the world | Gerard Baker - Times Online

Obama did it again [ 28 Answers ]

Obama just moved the capitol of Israel to Jerusalem. Odd, how the President is a bumbling cowboy and McCain is a stupid old man, when it is Obama who keeps on showcasing his own lack of knowledge.

WHY does Obama say uh so much [ 42 Answers ]

Obama Says "Uhh" 144 Times in Eleven Minutes during Press Conference - Video Link 6/16/08 His past uh, uh, um, uh's were nothing compared to lately. ... and to think how Bush was criticized for not being a good speaker! Anyway I was listening to the radio today and they said he said uh...

Why Didn't Obama Tell Us This Before? [ 11 Answers ]

Now, this news article IS truly revealing and speaks volumes about Obama! Obamaites, here, take a good look at your superhero and read all about it! Why hadn't Obama revealed this little gem of a conversation he had with Wright, umm? Why did Wright bring it out finally at this time? What do you...

So what has Obama done ? [ 49 Answers ]

A new bill that is co-sponsored by Barak Obama and Democrat Senators Maria Cantwell, Dianne Feinstein, Richard Lugar, Richard Durbin, Chuck Hagel and Robert Menendez will increase foreign aid by the United States to a level that the UN dictates . Sugar coating it with a name no one could object to...

View more questions Search