Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidfarrell Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2006, 11:49 AM
    Critical Distance is Pipe Length or Literal Distance?
    Is critical distance measurement based on the literal distance from a trap to the vent stack, or the total length pipe from the trap to the vent? In other words, if the trap is 4 feet from the vent, but the drain pipe from the trap to the branch that has the vent connected to it is 10 feet, is the distance from trap to vent 4 feet or 10 feet?

Thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 8, 2006, 01:17 PM
    Hey Dave,

The distance between trap and vent is the total "developed length" so the distance would be 10 feet. Section 1409.3 in the Standard Plumbing code Book addresses this. Would you like the different measures between trap and vent or do you have them? Regards, tom
    davidfarrell Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2006, 02:43 PM
    I thought so, but was wishing for the other. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vent question - critical distance [ 4 Answers ]

I want to install a toilet on the second floor of our house. We have a very small room upstairs in the center of the house which is ideal for an upstairs 1/2 bath. The main 4" vent is on the gable end of the house about 26 feet away from where I want to install the new toilet. My first thought was...

Critical distance question for shared vent [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, A quick question about my basement bathroom project. I have exposed my 4" main. If you are looking at the main from above it runs from right to left draining to the left. The farthest left fixture will be the toilet which I am dropping down, then using a 90 bend and tieing into...

Long Distance [ 8 Answers ]

I've been seeing this guy for about four months now. He lives kind of far from where I am. We've been talking about moving in together. I know it's soon. He wants me to move there and I'm a little nervous. He's already looking at a place. I'm not sure if I should wait or not. I love him and can...

Distance [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, it's me again. Has been a busy life since I was last on here so... with that said. Ever since me and the girl I was seeing broke up in late July... I educated myself on relationships and dating. I pretty much was a date-a-holic... and I eventually got tired of what I was doing because...

Help after long distance [ 1 Answers ]

I desperatly need some advice. Im a 24 year old guy and I'm feeling really confused right now. I was in a relationship for 6 years with my last girlfriend, things were great but half way into it I really started to doubt my love for her. My parents were going through a really bad patch at the...

View more questions Search