Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topspin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 07:03 PM
    Blower runs only 2 minutes but A/C compressor keeps running
    The blower which pushes either cold air through the house as part of the central air conditioning only runs for about 2 to 3 minutes at a time. Then it shuts off. The Lennox compressor unit outside though, runs continuously. After a while (about 10-15 minutes) the blower turns on again. Is it normal for the compressor to run continually even when the blower is shut off? This seems like a big energy drain.
    I would appreciate any help or ideas.

Thanks.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 10:35 PM
    I would say your blower motor is over heating and going out on overload, this means you will need to replace the motor and capacitor. Is the thermostat satisfied when the blower shuts off?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XE80 compressor runs, no blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an approximately ten-year old Trane XE80 HVAC in the attic above the second floor of my house (cools and heats the 2nd floor). It does not operate properly--yesterday and last night, the blower would not come on in response to the thermostat. The outside compressor unit runs when the...

Running blower at slow speed all the time, and high when compressor runs. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier 58PAV090 furnace air handler. The fan has multiple leads which are used to run the blower at different speeds. The black is for High speed, yellow for medium high, blue for medium low and red for low. In the cooling mode, the blower turns on when the thermostat calls for cooling...

Blower will not come on but compressor is running [ 5 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my a/c unit. I have had the HVAC people hear 7x and they can't seem to find the problem. They changed the thermostat thinking that was the problem but it only worked for about 3 hours after they did that. They said they were going to call the tech people with the mfg...

Cooling: blower runs but compressor does not start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a heat pump outside and a blower in the attic. Both made by YORK. My system stopped cooling a week ago. The blower keeps running but the heat pump does not start. I checked the circuit breaker in the basement and the power disconnect next to the outdoor unit. Both are good. I studied...

Hot water runs out after 5-10 minutes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Need some assistance: I have a 30 gallon gas hot water heater about 10 yrs old with copper plumbing and after taking the shower for 5-10 minutes, there is no more hot water. What are some of the possible causes & fix? Thank you, Matt

View more questions Search