Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Truelove08 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 07:01 PM
    How do I adopt my baby sister?
    I am needing help on how to adopt my baby half sister. My father is extremely abusive he is a horrible horrible man. He ruined my childhood. I moved in with them at one point to help prevent him from hurting my sister but he started to hurt me again and I had to get out before it got worse. I know him and his girlfriend are unwilling to just allow me to adopt my sister. But I need to get her out of there. But I don't know how to do it. Please I really need help. I need to get her away from her abusive parents and I am the only one willing to adopt her. Our grandparents are unable to take care of her. They are much to old and one of them has dementia. Please help me!
    joeoconnell2008 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Jul 27, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Well try get evidence about there abusivness.

If you cant.
    Try get your grandparents 2 adopt her and you take her in.

I had a girlfriend before that went true stuff like that and she stuck it true.

But now she is in a home.
    Wit other people that can't take care of themselves.
    And if I ever wanted to help someone like her I would.

Because it is wrong to leave a child in a house like that.

Please keep trying to help her.
    And
    U are a obviously a nice person if your asking advice on the situation.
    Good look wit it.
    And best wishs fron mr.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 28, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Call the police and Child Protective Services.

Get that kid OUT of that house, if it's that horrible.

But be prepared to offer EVIDENCE that she's being abused, not just your opinion on it.

To adopt her, you'd have to have the biological parents' rights terminated--which would be done through the courts, with a lawyer, and the first step is to report the abuse.
    Truelove08 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    Call the police and Child Protective Services.

Get that kid OUT of that house, if it's that horrible.

But be prepared to offer EVIDENCE that she's being abused, not just your opinion on it.

To adopt her, you'd have to have the biological parents' rights terminated--which would be done through the courts, with a lawyer, and the first step is to report the abuse.

The only thing is that I have no evidence besides the therapist I used to have to go to because of my fathers abuse. I have my mothers record of his abuse and documents written on the abuse my father put me through as a child. But its also that the parents do drugs. And I'm scared that if I call family services that they will take her and I won't be able to get her. I turn 18 in December. And I plan on fighting for her the day I turn 18. I want to save her from everything I faced as a child from him. If I call family services and they take her before I am 18 can I still adopt her? Or will I never get her?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 28, 2008, 05:56 PM
    Talk to children's services. It may take until December for anything to happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I adopt a baby from a friend? [ 5 Answers ]

My friend's daughter is 18 yrs. And has two kids. She is pregnant with her third child. My husband and I are unable to have our own children and the girl wants to give the baby up. She wants to let us take and raise the baby as our own. I don't know where to search and find the steps of adopting at...

Throwing a baby shower for my sister [ 16 Answers ]

Ok Ladies, So my sister(33) just found out she was pregnant a few months ago, a baby that she's been waiting a long time for. I'm going to throw her a baby shower, but it won't be until June or July. Mainly right now I am just going through and collecting ideas for a real blow out baby shower. I...

My boyfriend wants to adopt my baby [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 15 month old baby. I went for a dna test with a guy and it came back that he's not her biological father. My boyfriend wants to adopt her. So I have two questions... 1. do we have to be married for him to adopt her. 2, Do I have to find out who her biological father is and have him sign...

Not invited to sister in laws baby shower! [ 8 Answers ]

We live very near and see my brother and sister in law frequently and although I will admit I do not care for her that has never been expressed to anyone but my husband and he feels the same. She is having a baby shower this weekend and as I was talking with my mother in law I asked what the...

Looking for a baby to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for two years and trying to have a baby for one year. We are not having any luck and are trying to find an adoption situation. We are looking for a birthmom who wants to find a family for her child. We are a happy family and could pprovide well for a child, so if...

View more questions Search