Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazylaken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 03:59 PM
    How does smoking hurt u?
    Well I don't smoke or anyting but sum of my family do and I only want to know how it hurts u!!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 27, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Cancer, emphysema, shortness of breath, so many different things. Second hand smoke is harmful as well, so it's not just themselves they are affecting, but you as well.

Google effects of smoking for more info.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 27, 2008, 04:21 PM
    There are particles and chemicals in the smoke that hurt your lung cells.
    Tar is part of cigarette smoke, that may lead to lung cancer.
    Many chemicals have different effects, but hardly anyone in a positive way.
    Nicotine, the chemical ingredient that smokers crave for is on itself besides addictive also a cause for many illnesses, like high blood pressure. Also it can lead to cell deformation, specially in the face .

:)
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 04:26 PM
    The effects are felt usually long after a person starts smoking, so for young people it is too far for them to picture themselves. Even people who have quit for many years get the diseases associated with smoking anyhow.
    I had one close relative die from lung cancer, one relative die from emphysema and one friend die of emphysema. Comparing the two diseases the people who died from emphysema had a more painful experience than the one from lung cancer.
    Emphysema just slowly takes your breath away until you suffocate. I can't think of a worse disease related way to die.
    I smoked for many years and quit long ago but I am still at risk.
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Aug 4, 2008, 10:56 PM
    Each cigarette paralyzes your cilia for 20 minutes. That's in your throat and the main reason why people who smoke, hack or cough.
    ~guess who paid attention in science class~ lol
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Cigarettes contain over 4,000 chemicals

Carbon minoxide- car exhaust fumes and nicotine- temporarily increases your heart rate and blood pressure, and narrows small blood vessels under your skin. It slows your blood flow, reducing oxygen to your feet and hands,

Arsenic- A poison used to kill rats,

Formaldahyde- Used to preserve dead bodies,

Ammonia- floor cleaner,

Lead, tar, pesticides,

Acetylene- Used for fuel in welding torches,

Benzene- Used as an industrial solvent,

Naphythlamin- A bladder poison,

Cadmium- Used in rechargeable batteries,

Benzo (a) pyrene- A cancer promoter,

Ethyl 2-furoate- A liver poison,
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 04:56 PM
    As has already been mentioned, there can be many ill effects from breathing the smoke that another person is producing. If I'm around people who are smoking at all, then I can get really ill and dizzy right away.
    chakarnis Posts: 55, Reputation: 0

Aug 12, 2008, 10:08 PM
    Well, look at their skin, their teeth, their bodies, smell their hair. Listen to their laughter and their coughing. Have you ever watched them get up in the morning? Not a pretty sight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoking Pot [ 20 Answers ]

My girlfriend recently tried pot and had a good experience . I am not into it and haven't tried it. She tells me that she enjoyed it and plans on doing it again soon. And would like me to try it , so I can see for myself that it is not that bad. What are your thoughts on Pot. Having not done it...

Smoking . [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Ino I Have Wrote Aload Of Topics And Shouldn't Attempt All These Things At Once But I Spend So Much Money On Cigs And Im 15 I Need Help Stopping What's The Easyiest Way Possible Please Help , Sorry If This Is In The Wrote Section

I need your help with smoking [ 1646 Answers ]

Well I haven't had a cigi since 8am this morning it was the last one now I've tried on numerous occasions to quit smoking and I'm just not flipping strong enough to do it I always cave in. Now I know there's no easy way to do this and I have to admit boy am I feeling dizzy and funny but I can't...

Smoking [ 21 Answers ]

Is smoking dope every day bad for you? More bad than smoking cigarettes?

View more questions Search