Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Princess01013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Searching for book title
    I am searching for a book, not sure when it was written/ published, but my Mom read it in the 1970's or 80's. Also, not sure if it is fiction or non-fiction, but my Mom thinks that it was "...based on a true story..." It is about an American woman around colonial times, who was kidnapped by Native Americans. She has her children separated from her while there and becomes the "Chief's wife." She also gave birth while on the trail to the village and has to be sure that the baby does not cry because the Native Americans will kill the baby. She befriends her captors and stays with them for (?) years and eventually escapes by just walking away from the village. She manages to walk along a river and back to wherever it is she is from, but it takes her (?) months/ years. Along the way she has to survive by killing deer, drying the hides for new clothes, etc. That's about all my Mom could remember... not sure how accurate it is... THANKS!
    davina4822 Posts: 55, Reputation: 9

Sep 1, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Just saw your question. The book is "Follow the River" by Thoms (last name). I read it many years ago and the story stays with me.
    Princess01013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Thanks so much for answering! I actually finally discovered the book last week w/ my Mom's help and read it in 2 days! I loved it!!
    "Follow the River." by James Alexander Thom (1981)
    annabubblegum77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 08:31 PM
    You may like Stephanie Grace Whitson's book. Has a similar story line of being taken by indians and living among them. Walks The Fire I think is the 1st one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie title I have been searching for [ 2 Answers ]

OK, here it is... I've been trying to figure out the name of a movie I watched a while back. Its about these 2 high school teenage girls who hate each other and are complete opposite (ones blonde and popular and the other is a brunette, I think). I remember parts of the movie: - the blonde...

Searching for a Book Title and/or Author [ 2 Answers ]

Hopefully someone has read this book and can remember the title and/or author. I know this is a long shot. The book is a very old book regarding the Russians who created an underground city which looked American. They placed couples in this city who could pass as Americans and had them raise...

I'm Searching for a book I read it age's can someone help me name and find it. [ 1 Answers ]

I remember a little about the story, its rather young adult fiction, or child fiction Its about a town, where everyone knows everybody, but theirs a small society of secret wolves and I think it's the mayor who's the head wolf, now the son of the mayor is about to take of the wolves but he must...

View more questions Search