Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PatCjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Adding an aditional thermostat
    Is it possible to add another thermostat to my forced airfunace so that the fan will only operate, I installed a wood stove in my house and want to circulate the air through the ducting using the furnace fan if it is possible . If so what type of thermostat and how do I wire it.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 27, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Yes one can be added if you know how to wire it in. If not get a professional to do a ON SITE install for you.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2008, 06:19 PM
    You can do it with a 2 stage stat, assuming your system is conventional, but stats don't support this configuraton out of the box therefore I agree with HVAC1000, that you need a pro UNLESS you have a very good understanding of tstat controls in general.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changed over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I have changed over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. Did all the correct wiring as stated in the books but when set to cool, the heater kicks on instead of the central air conditioning. What...

Replacement of Carrier Heat Pump Thermostat with Honeywell TH6000 series thermostat. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Series 50QT Electric heat pump that still uses the original non programmable thermostat. I am trying to replace it with Honeywell TH6000 series programmable thermostat. The wiring on the existing Thermostat as follows: O - White, I am thinking this is the Reversing Valve? Y...

Adding second thermostat for wood boiler [ 5 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing a new outside wood boiler and connecting it to my existing force air furnace. My question is regarding the installation of a second thermostat to control the blower on my existing furnace. I have fan relay switch that was for adding air conditioning to my...

Thermostat turns on furnace and then thermostat shuts back to HOLD [ 7 Answers ]

I believe that when we re-run the program with the correct date and time, if the temp has to go up, the furnace runs until it gets the appropriate temp, then it turns off and when it does that, the thermostat also turns off going to the HOLD state.:confused:

Replacing Analog Thermostat with Non-Programmable Digital Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing Analog thermostat with White, Yellow, Red, & Black wiring with non-programmable digital thermostat Model #RTH3100C. Please help!!

View more questions Search