Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    metafizzical Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2006, 06:29 AM
    80's animated kids movie. Gentle giant? PLEASE HELP!!
    Ok so I always used to watch this movie when I stayed home sick from school. I don't remember much, but here goes...
    It was animated kind of like the last unicorn, but the colors were mainly fall colors... very orange. It was set among the hills... I think on a castle or there was some sort of wall and there was a character that danced all along the wall, or roof, to a percussion beat. I can't remember much about the plot, mainly the music and the animation. It seemed like it was mostly set in the fall. My mom thinks the title of the movie was The Gentle Giant, but I can't find anything online except for a remake of Gentle Ben called Gentle Giant and the Iron Giant, which is also a good movie, but not the one I want (the music was better in the older movie, I think it was the 80's... could have been late 70's, most likely 80's though). She also vaguely remembers something about them hating the giant until he planted flowers or some such thing like that. Please help! I've been trying to figure this out for almost a decade.
    IntroducingEmy Posts: 87, Reputation: 12

Aug 29, 2007, 09:01 PM
    Is it 'The Selfish Giant'? The Selfish Giant (1971) It seemed to have some of the plot elements you talked about with the garden and animation technique. I hope this helps!
    iwondersometimes Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 01:27 AM
    Actually, I think this might be it. Its called The BFG... the big friendly giant. I loved this movie as a kid. Check it out!

The BFG (1989)

Man I want to go watch this now lol
    Megadethloud Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by IntroducingEmy View Post
    Is it 'The Selfish Giant'? The Selfish Giant (1971) It seemed to have some of the plot elements you talked about with the garden and animation technique. I hope this helps!
    This is the movie I was searching for, thanks a lot!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animated kids movie help [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: There's this one movie, it was kind of like The Rats of NIMH, but about these animals that have been gassed out of their homes with poison, they escape, except for a little badger girl, who gets sick, so her friends go on this adventure to get the cure. I remember this one part, where...

80's kids movie [ 2 Answers ]

Knowing my luck Im not going to be able to get an answer, but here it is anyways: In the beginning of the movie it was a boy and a girl and they get the larger dolls with short curly hair and then the kids hug them the dolls come to life. Then the dolls and the kids both go into the mirror into...

80's kids movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I remember this movie from when I was younger but can't remember the title. It was about kids that would ice skate and then they talked to a snowman that could talk back to them. The snowmans name was Mr. Kumico or something like that.

Help me. 80's animated show/movie about two dogs that travel by space shuttle [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I remember this cartoon from when I was a kid about these two dogs that traveled by space shuttle at night. I remember the opening for it a little and it was of a log cabin in the middle of the woods and this space shuttle that would hover over the cabin to pick up the dogs. The dogs...

Help w/ 80s or 90 animated kids movie title [ 1 Answers ]

I can't remember much about it. All I remember is a little boy in some fantasy world. In one part he was riding on a flying carpet and I also remember him going through these huge doors. I think his name was something short like nemo or something.

View more questions Search