Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sami4life Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2006, 04:35 AM
    I have some simple questions please help?
    Hope I get the ANswer with but more detals , not very much detail, but simple complete detail.

Q1) How to set primary key in Access ?
    Q2) How can I set my query to see only " Female " group of records?
    Q3)How can I create a report using Access?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 8, 2006, 05:14 AM
    Q1) In Table Design mode select the field you want to set as the PK. On the tool bar is a key icon. Click that and the field will be set as the PK.

Most Access developers I know recommend using autonumbers as their PKs.

Q2) That depends on how Female is defined in your records. Generally, you set the criteria for the column in your query that will match how female is stored in the table. For example; if female is stored as a 1 and male as a 2, then just enter 1 as the criteria

Q3) Use the Report wizard. Generally reports are based on queries so create your query, then use the Report wizard to create the report. If you need to tweak the report afterwards you can go into Report Design mode.

You seem new to database design so I would urge you to do some research on normalization. This is a critical database design criteria, the principle of which is to reduce or eliminate redundancy in data. Before building forms, queries and reports, you need to make sure your database is normalized. Otherwise you will have problems extracting data in the future.

P.S. For future posting you might want to check out this:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=24046

Apr 8, 2006, 08:02 AM
    I don't want to apply these steps on the MS Access but I have got a theorical questions on it , So I hope of different way answer ?

Apr 8, 2006, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sami4life
    I dont wanna apply these steps on the MS Access but I have got a theorical questions on it , So I hope of different way answer ?
    I don't understand what that means.

Scott<>

Apr 9, 2006, 06:43 AM
    What I meant was that I don't want to apply the steps on my Microsoft Access,but I need them as an answer for some theory questions that I got , So I wish for an explanation + Exaples... its a (6marks).. So I hope U can add some extra points or explainations... your answer was good but I want you to extent it abit more.

I just need the answer of this questions :
    Q) How can I set my query to see only " female" groups of records ?

Apr 9, 2006, 08:27 AM
    Well first, I don't do homework questions. I thought you were asking from a practical standpoint. If you want a critique of your answers I will do that, but I'm not going to write an answer for you.

The answers I gave you should be sufficient for you to devise an answer yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Simple opt --> h1b Tax Question(s) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a single little Canadian citizen with these characteristics: OPT from March 23, 2005 to August 17, 2005. H1B from September 17, 2005 to present. 1) Does this qualify me for dual residecy? 2) For two pay periods while I was on OPT (March/April), Social Security and ...

Simple Tax Question [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I've a simple tax question. I was on OPT until September 2005 and my H1 started from October 1st, 2005. I wanted to know what forms do I need to file and what deductions can I claim? I started paying social security and medicare taxes from October 1st. Thank you. Himanshu.

Simple Derivation? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I'm simply forgetting basics here... what is dy/dx where y= x^(x*r/k) r and k are constants.

Simple convert in VB6 [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a minor problem to convert hexadecimal (entered as string in a textbox) into decimal. Currently, I'm trying to do the conversion through ascii method... but seems unable to get the right syntax. Or are there any functions in VB6 that does this? Thanks everyone.

A simple program [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am to write a computer program to express the variation of specific heat Cp of air with Temperature as a third- degree polynomial, using the data in Table A-2b, in our book. The formula of Cp isn't important, I couldn't understand how the program is supposed to express the variation of...

View more questions Search