Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hershey03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2006, 08:15 PM
    Allergies/asthma/neither?
    For a long time I've been known to have "colds" very often, but someone gave me on the idea that it might be allergies. I always have a stuffy nose, though some days its worse than others, and I sneeze a lot. And sometimes I'll have itchy eyes. Since I have these pretty much all year, I didn't think they could be allergies, since I was under the impression allergies were only around spring? Also I get a lot of headaches several times a week.
    Another symptom I have is I get a bad cough whenever I run or exert myself and I get a cough whenever I laugh or cry hard. What can cause this? I considered asthma but I've never had an "attack", only coughing.
    Please help
    Thanks
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2006, 09:23 PM
    Allergies happen year round. Many allergens are found inside. Where do majority of people spend their time? Indoors. I would go to the doctor describe your symptoms and they could rule out asthma. It could be just exercise induced asthma which is different then chronic asthma. For many people including myself allergies and asthma go hand in hand.

Joe
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2006, 05:03 AM
    Hi, Hershey,
    Thanks for posting a question here, and Welcome to this site!
    I am not a Doctor, nor a Professional in this area. I am though, experienced in symptoms of this type, especially since my wife of 29 yrs has the same!
    Sounds like allergies, which can be year round, not just during the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Sometimes, even being in a new building with "glue" smell can start the symptoms; running nose, runny eyes, coughing when the "mucas" gets to the throat.
    Please see a Doctor!! He/she can discuss it with you, and probably rule out asthma; but only they would know that for sure.
    A very good prescription medication is Nasonex; a puff up each nostril when symptoms appear gets rid of it for about 12 hours; for many people. Talk with your Doctor. Another is Beaconase.
    I do wish you the very best, and see a Doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asthma [ 9 Answers ]

Can you be on steroids and not gain weight

Allergies? [ 3 Answers ]

I know when you have a piercing infection you have to keep the ring on and clean it more and press it with hot water , but what if its not a infection but it's a allergic reaction to the jewellery what are you supposed to do ?

Food allergies [ 20 Answers ]

I have an american pitbull terrier and he is allergic to some dog foods I would like to know if anyone know how to fix this problem other than switching the food cause I mean he only eats that type of food and no other so does anyone know what should I do besides taking him to the vet and switch...

Allergies [ 4 Answers ]

:( I have horrible allergies and I was just wondering if anyone knows any medicines that work well? I'm currently on Singulair and it isn't helping much. I have been on so many different kinds of allergy medications, but none seem to be working. I have missed several days of school because I have...

View more questions Search