Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michael z Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2008, 12:01 PM
    How does an ex-felon get a grant to start a business
    I'm an ex-felon and I would like some information on receiving grants or help in opening a business
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2008, 12:23 PM
    Hello michael:

Correction. You ARE a felon. You'll be one forever. There ain't nothing ex about it.

Because you're a felon, you're not precluded from getting any grant that anybody can get. There aren't, however, any special grants for felons. You aren't eligible for any special help in opening a business either.

There IS a place where felons can get bonded, but that's the only place that I know of to get ANY kind of relief, and it ain't much.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 26, 2008, 02:35 PM
    And there are not just a lot of grants out there to start a business. If for example right now in one city in Kansas that was destroyed by storms last year there several groups of money together for business that will hire over 40 people within a year.

And normally the money will be only a part, so you will always need your own personal funding.
    fbillingsley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2012, 03:06 PM
    Michael don't listen to any negativity. Write your Governor and your president. Where there is a will there is a way! Be persistent. Seal or expungment. Bonding is an option. But never give up. The devil is a lier! You lying wonder! From soon to be ex- felonist!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a felon get a grant to go to school? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm rather new to the site so bear with me.. I am a convicted felon still on probation and due to my charges jobs aren't really to keen on hiring... at least good jobs anyway.. all I'm trying to do is straighten up my life and go to school I am 21 and have no post high school education.. I was just...

Grant for a convicted felon [ 3 Answers ]

I was looking for a grant of some sort so that I can attend Arizona State University's school of Architecture. Please get back to me with an answer. [email protected] Thanks

Can an ex-felon get a grant [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to attend the northern California college of construction, heavy equipment operator and I am searching for a grant I do not have to repay. I heard of grants for parolees but can't find anything, although I am off parole I would think that ex-felons could still apply. Thank You pamela

Grant for small business start up [ 1 Answers ]

I live in central Illinois, and am looking for info on how to get a grant for a small business start up. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

View more questions Search