Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farmboyorama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2008, 09:41 AM
    OE won't allow messages to be deleted!
    Starting to run into this and don't know how to get past it. We've got 2 computers that we now can't delete anything from the inbox on late versions of OE. Anyone else ran into this? Any solutions? Thanks;)
    Zayne S Halsall Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

Aug 3, 2008, 09:45 AM
    OE uses its own database format to store its "folders". Sounds like either your Inbox or Deleted Items folder is corrupted. My suggestion is to delete the relevant database file from the filesystem. PLEASE remember to back up any messages you don't want to lose, by moving them to another folder or similar.

To delete either folder, go to Tools -> Options -> Maintenance -> Store Folder, and using that path, browse to the same location using Windows Explorer. Close Outlook, and then delete the .dbx file for the OE folder you want to remove.

When OE is restarted, it will recreate the folder/s.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for the information-where deleted files are stored after deleted from recycli [ 7 Answers ]

Well it's a tough one so ill try to explain the best I can When you delete a file it can be undelted with programs I'm not concerned with undeleting the file where is the information stored on my hard drive I'm looking for the information that tells the undeleter program what been deleted ...

Can you still get records of deleted text messages [ 1 Answers ]

Can you still get records of deleted text messages

AVG messages [ 2 Answers ]

I hope people don't feel I am a bad person for sharing this. I was wondering has anyone ever seen one or both things before. If anyone has seen one or both things before I was wondering what could cause the following to show up. I hope the computer I am usinig won't need to be reloaded or a new...

Why men shouldn't take messages [ 4 Answers ]

:d :d

View more questions Search