Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bballbabyy3210 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Cartilage Piercing
    I'm planning to get my cartilage pierced but I was wondering if anyone who got their belly button pierced has also gotten their cartilage done because I want to know about the pain and I got my belly button done with very little discomfort... so if anyone has gotten both done I would love your opinion on the pain.. thanxx
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2008, 03:26 AM
    It depends on your individual pain threshold, I didn't find any of my cartilage piercings to be too incredibly painful, though.

Also, this is my own quoted blurb about piercing, specifically cartilage piercing, that I wish everyone who got one, or any piercing for that matter, would read.

DO NOT GET PIERCED WITH A GUN.

A piercing gun is plastic piece encasing a needle that is shoved through the flesh and can cause serious trauma to the flesh. It does not remove flesh or cartilage, it only rips through it and displaces it, which can lead to keloids, in my opinion. It hurts MUCH worse than getting it done with a needle, despite the scary appearance of the needle, it is 1000% better, honestly. The studs used to pierce with are dull, much more dull than the needle, which makes it more painful. They can also be far too sort to allow for the inevitable swelling after piercing. Secondly, a piercing gun cannot be completely autoclaved (autoclaves are sterilization machines) and so the gun may contain tiny bits of other peoples' flesh and blood, and with those pieces of flesh and blood, risks for a veritable smörgåsbord of diseases. Thirdly, people who pierce with the gun are not piercers. They are not trained for more than a week, they are not certified by the APP, they do not know a lot about health and safety standards.

Go to a studio and have it done professionally by a certified piercer and have them put a gold stud in it. Hoops can pull on the cartilage while it heals and are easier to catch on things, which can be painful, cause scarring, bleeding, etc.

Jul 28, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Thank you.. yeai was planning to go to the tattoo and piercing place anyway to get it done with a needle because my mom feels the same way

Jul 29, 2008, 07:49 PM
    I got my piercing done todayy. It didn't hurt at all and I got it done with the needle. I love itt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage piercing [ 12 Answers ]

Hello I am thinking of getting my cartilage pierced.. I was wondering how much that would hurt?

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I want to get my own cartilage pierced. Say I am doing it right now, and all I have are cotton balls, a new earring, and an ice cube, could I pierce the cartilage? Or would it not be safe? And where is it okay to pierce the cartialge? Are there dangerous places to peirce it? I'm worried that if I...

My cartilage piercing. [ 20 Answers ]

I always wanted my cartilage pierced, just a simple stud. Though, my mother never wanted me to do it. I was at a friends house 2 days ago who has a piercing gun, that is her mothers who has a license for piercings. Anyway, so since I always wanted it done, my friend did it. It's been 2 days, and...

Cartilage piercing [ 32 Answers ]

hi, i just got my cartilage pierced yesterday it was my first time geting in periced too so im alittle freaked out.. and its not a regural stud its like bell bar.. and it hurts like crazy.. the guy who did it said to only clean it when its wet like in the shower.. which i take everyday.. and then...

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I got my left cartilage pierced 1 week and 3 days ago, it is still painful and I still cannot sleep on it. They told me to use Antibactieral Hand Soap on it, but I just couldn't, afraid that I wouldn't get it rinsed good enough. I have used alcohol and ear care stuff. I can move the ring around...

View more questions Search