Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eastgate Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Mower dies when blades engaged
    Just purchased a brand new craftsman 27hp 50" zero turn. Cut a 50 yard swatch when the engine choked. After finally restarting, the engine stalls and quits whenever the drive levers are moved out of start/park or when the blades engaged.

Help

:mad:
    jake ohern Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 03:09 PM

Have u checked the safety kill switches
    eastgate Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2008, 06:09 PM

Not at first as it was a BRAND NEW mower. The salesman suggested that the switch be adjusted for the weight of the driver in order to engage the safety mechanism. He said it was a common problem with that model especially for lighter drivers. My husband weighs 195. We asked him to pick it up and refund our money. We purchased a Toro.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deer Hydro 175 - blades engaged kill engine [ 8 Answers ]

Issue: When blades get engaged the engine sometimes stops, when sitting for a 5 minute length of time the enging stops. Have Tried: I disconnected the safety plunger under the seat. This did work for a little while then same issue. I just bought this from my brother, he had told me of this...

JD 212 dies when blades are engaged [ 1 Answers ]

We have a JD 212 garden tractor. When you engage the blades the mower will die. Can anyone help try to explain what may be causing this problem? Jensallen.. we looked over the info you sent and found that the reason it wouldn't start was because of the carborator. Thank you so much for your help.....

Lawntractor blades will not stay engaged [ 1 Answers ]

I just changed the blades on my Yardman Lawn Tractor. And now the lever that engages the blades will not stay over. I pull the lever left to right and it usually stays in place and the baldes stay engaged. I removed the deck to change the blades. It seems simple enough, I only had to un loop...

Bolens 15.5 38 in cut. Tractor jerks w/ blades are engaged [ 2 Answers ]

When I engage the blades, The whole tractor jerks pretty hard in a way, should I say( like a missing tooth on a gear) Seems to do it more while turning or going up hill. When I disengage the blades the jerking stops and the tractor acts fine, as long as the blades aren`t spinning. Pullys...

View more questions Search