Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klimburg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Thank you cards
    I am wondering what is the proper etiquette for sending thank you cards. Are they sent to immediate family members? Distant family members, i.e. sister in law? Sister? Or just friends...
    Thank you
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Send them to everybody that gave you anything.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Give a personal thank you to your mother or mother in law via phone call or in person. Tell her why the gift was so fabulous. :) Treat her to luncheon at a local restaurant.

Other than that, if someone gives you a gift, as in gift gift, send them a thank you note even if you thank them in person.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 04:18 PM
    I would do as Choux suggests, thank your immediate family , unless they insist on a thank you note for a keepsake,maybe at some point invite them round for dinner or alike.

Send out thank you notes to friends, family that live a distance away... you know the ones,you only meet at weddings,christenings or sadley funerals and aquitances.

If we are talking a wedding here, sometimes a thank you letter may be sent to the flower provider, car people, not forgetting the vicar or who ever covered the ceremony and of.course the caterers, then there's the entertainment... or music provider... if you had any.

I think that just about covers it... phew!
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 04:25 PM
    I agree with NoHelp4U - You should send a thank you to everyone. For your immediate family take a little time to write something heartfelt. Thank them not just for a gift but for their love and support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probability of getting an ace from 50 cards if 2 cards are randomly removed from 52 [ 6 Answers ]

From a pack of 52 cards 2 cards are randomly removed. Then what is the probability of getting an ace from remaining 50 cards?

Gas cards [ 1 Answers ]

Are gas cards a way, in your opinion, to pay less for gas? Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sim cards [ 2 Answers ]

Can you buy a new phone and put the old sim card in it, even if it is not the same brand of phone?

Yu-gi-oh cards [ 5 Answers ]

What would be the best yu-gi-oh strategy for any deck full of random cards?

Vintage baseball cards; Set of 1986 baseball cards [ 2 Answers ]

Where do I go to find out about selling my baseball cards?

View more questions Search