Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debb17055 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 11:34 PM
    Heat Pump "Fan" Mode
    When I change the setting from A/C to FAN does it draw the air in from the outside or only move around the air already inside my condo? If not, is there any way to draw in the air in from the outside rather than just pushing around the air inside? I live on the first floor and have no windows aside from the four sliding glass doors. This place is notorious for thousand leggers and I can't stand those quick moving critters. I notice whenever I open up the sliders to get fresh air I will start to see those little buggers inside the house. Yuk!! They just totally creep me out. I have sprayed bug spray around the doors to inhibit their entrance, to no avail. I'm also a smoker so it's really important that I get some FRESH air inside my house. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 12:00 AM
    When I change the setting from A/C to FAN does it draw the air in from the outside or only move around the air already inside my condo?

Just moves it around

If not, is there any way to draw in the air in from the outside rather than just pushing around the air inside?

Call a local HVAC contractor and see if they can add a outside air intake to your system. It will cost you more $$$ on your utility bill since you will have to heat and cool the air you bring in from outside.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 07:59 AM
    I`m sorry,and I know its none of my business, but,if you stopped the smoking you would
    1. be healthier/feel better
    2. not have to air out the stink in your house
    3. have more money in pocket
    4.by not having to let the little buggers into your house,you would have more peace of mind.
    (again I know its none of my business,but I`m an ex-smoker,after 15 years I am still paying dearly for my mistakes from when I was younger) and will for what's left of my life
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Seems like a contradiction... a smoker wanting fresh air... apparently you really don't want it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Using fuction "Mode" within a Pivot Table? Or calculating the mode with conditional? [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know which number appears most frequently within a table by instructor code. For example, I want to produce a report that searches column A for an instructor code (for example, any instructor code "ba*") and then finds the mode of the corresponding cell in column B. I know I could...

Rheem heat pump thermostat "EM" setting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem model no. RHQA 1000B heat pump, but previous homeowner left no manual for it. I am puzzled at the "EM" setting on the thermostat. I would also like to download/obtain an operation manual for this unit.

View more questions Search