Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teacher-ed Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 10:09 PM
    Canadian Birth/Green Card Holder
    Hi there, my first question I asked got answered regarding if I could travel with a Green Card and you answered 'YES'. I am a Canadian by birth however, I am a Green Card holder of one year. I want to travel back to Canada but I lost my birth certificate and expired Canadian passport. Will I still be able to leave the USA and enter into Canada with only a Green Card and an American Drivers License? How about when I want to come back to the USA would the Green Card be effort?

Regards,
    Worried Travel
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 11:08 PM
    You must have a passport which in this case is Canadian passport. You have the choices of getting a new passport through Canadian embassy in US OR you obtain Canadian travel document from the embassy, and have your new passport issued while you are in Canada.

When you enter US on the return trip, you must provide Canadian passport and Green card to US immigration officer at the port of entry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

Foreign Inheritance to US Green Card Holder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I am green card holder (married to US citizen) working here in the US. I am a Canadian citizen by birth. I file taxes here in the US and not Canada. My father (Cdn citizen) recently passed away in Canada and left me a sum of money in excess of $100,000.00. What are the tax consequences...

Green card holder married to a non-resident [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am doing my mother's taxes. She is a Green Card holder and lives here. My dad does NOT have a green card and lives down in Brazil. However, legally, they are still married. When I try to file in Turbo Tax and check my mother as married, the software askes for my dad's social security....

H1B status after married green card holder [ 1 Answers ]

My H1B visa will expire in 2010. I plan to marry with 2-year-green card holder. Will I get green card too? How long does it take? And if I quit my job after I married, am I still legel to stay in US? Can I go out of US and come back? Give me some advise pleassssssse

Green card holder travelling [ 1 Answers ]

I am an Australian living in USA. I am also a green card holder. I want to travel to Vietnam by the end of this year. Should I use my Australian Passport or I have to use my green card with re-entry permit ? Thank you for your answer.

View more questions Search