Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srizookie Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2008, 09:50 PM
    How can I get a positive outlook on love?
    I'm 33 yr/old and I have not been lucky in the love department.so after trying so many times I gave up on it like a year or more.when I go out I don't even bother on meeting people or even online because I know it will lead to nothing.thats the first thing I tell people if I meet them, that I don't believe in love.
    In the other hand I see people that are stupid, in loving relationships all the time.is ignorance the main igredient here?ignore reality? Anyway ,my question is :is it me that has to change my outlook on love?how can I start?? :confused:
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Jul 24, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Well I'd say you will need to change your outlook if you ever want to find love but what exactly is your outlook besides "it leads to nothing"?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Let go. Don't introduce yourself as a love-hater. It won't help your situation. Introduce yourself. Don't set expectations. And be open to possibilities. You've stopped looking, let love find you. It will. Good luck.
    Always_helping Posts: 76, Reputation: 15

Jul 24, 2008, 10:26 PM
    I think the hardest part is , not only define love, but to believe in it. I feel that the closer you are to understanding and accepting love, then your chances increase of attracting loving people in your life.

Plus, I feel that it is *very* difficult to meet quality people (especially if you are in a large urban area).

Two questions: 1) Are you male or female? 2) Do you live in an urban or rural area?

Jul 25, 2008, 12:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tawnynkids
    Well I'd say you will need to change your outlook if you ever want to find love but what exactly is your outlook besides "it leads to nothing"?
    I don't think man can be monogamous and it gets boring with time.too much drama. Is hurtful and intrusive.is all about sex. I just don't believe it.you don't need to be with someone to be happy.

Jul 25, 2008, 12:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Let go. Don't introduce yourself as a love-hater. It won't help your situation. Introduce yourself. Don't set expectations. And be open to possiblities. You've stopped looking, ,let love find you. It will. Good luck.
    Thank you

Jul 25, 2008, 12:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Always_helping
    I think the hardest part is , not only define love, but to believe in it. I feel that thw closer you are to understanding and accepting love, then your chances increase of attracting loving people in your life.

Plus, I feel that it is *very* difficult to meet quality people (especially if you are in a large urban area).

Two questions: 1) Are you male or female? 2) Do you live in an urban or rural area?
    1)gay male 2)im in miami,very urban area extremely difficult to meet quality people.everyone is all about sex
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 12:43 AM
    So, do you want love or do you want to walk around telling people that NO men are monogamous and that they don't need men?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 12:44 AM
    A watched pot never boils. - Proverb

If you're spending all your time trying to MAKE love happen, it may not and it will be frustrating. So much more rewarding to look at life as the smörgåsbord it really is. Step up to the table and dive in. Taste it all. Just enjoy the eating (metaphorically speaking).

Somewhere along the way you will discover new things, new flavors, new ideas, new experiences (good and bad) and you will grow through it all.

Best to find that love occurs the way it was intended to... outside your control. Meanwhile, enjoy the smörgåsbord.
    Always_helping Posts: 76, Reputation: 15

Jul 25, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by srizookie
    1)gay male 2)im in miami,very urban area extremely difficult to meet quality people.everyone is all about sex
    I was born and raised in a very urban area (L.A./O.C) and people tended to be very superficial and materialistic (just *my* experience). Now, Miami is know for sex, crime, and hot bodies... hmmm kind of like L.A. So you are in a culture that is "stacked against you" and you will have to work hard to find true love.

Here is my take: Quality, loving people tend to have quality, loving friends. Tap into your quality friends and network through them. Obviously this does not guarantee success but your chances do get better. Learn to be a better person (we all can) who knows love, who has hope, and is optimistic.

Another thing to ponder: Perhaps your ideal mate is not located in the Miami area.

Best wishes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Just my own experience, Love yourself enough to learn what makes you happy, and you'll attract someone to share it with.

First you must love yourself, and build a life that you enjoy around that love.

Not only will it make your whole outlook meaningful, and positive, You won't look for love, and avoid all the wrong places, but you'll be ready when it finds you.

Sep 10, 2008, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    So, do you want love or do you want to walk around telling people that NO men are monogamous and that they don't need men?
    I don't know what's the worse of those options

Sep 10, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Just my own experience, Love yourself enough to learn what makes you happy, and you'll attract someone to share it with.

First you must love yourself, and build a life that you enjoy around that love.

Not only will it make your whole outlook meaningful, and positive, You wont look for love, and avoid all the wrong places, but you'll be ready when it finds you.
    It makes a lot of sense.thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mcrosoft outlook and outlook express [ 3 Answers ]

I am not able to understand the concept of MS outlook and outlook express.I want to know the difference.And how to use outlook as I am a beginner.

Outlook Express to Outlook conversion gave messages wrong "Date Received." [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, All! I used Outlook's Import capbility to import everything from Outlook Express: mail settings, folders, their messages, etc. The import process reported successful import of my huge sets of folders, subfolders and their 11,000+ messages... however: The Good: Some messages were...

It's a Positive! [ 11 Answers ]

Hey, this isn't a question, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I took a test this morning, and it was a positive!

Exporting my Calender from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2000 [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone can help me :) I've been wanting to export my outlook 2003 calender to my outlook 2000. I have researched some topics and found this... Create a new personal folder Outlook 2000 compatible PST file by clicking: File New Outlook Data File Create an Outlook 97 - 2002...

Try to be positive [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently looking for a new job. I do like my job, but it is extremely quiet. I need more challenges and with the company not making any money, my boss could decide to close. I know for sure I will not get a wage rise with there being no work, so I am not going to progress on to anything...

View more questions Search