Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kodykocks Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 09:49 PM
    Landlord Entering Apartment
    Can a landlord enter your apartment or let police officers in without your concent.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 12:59 AM
    No, but if the police officers have a search warrant, they can bust down the door if they want to, and the landlord would probably rather not pay for the door.
    1300starlet Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2008, 01:57 AM
    They have to give you enough notice if the're doing an inspection
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2008, 05:06 AM
    If there is an emergency situation, then yes. If they have a warrant the landlord can open your apt door and let them in. If they have no warrant, then no, the landlord does not have to let them in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 05:11 AM
    Ok, landlord, yes they do not need your permission, but they have to give you notice. I may post a notice on the door 24 hours before I go in. Or call and tell them, they can't tell me NO I can't go in, all the landlord has to do is give notice.

Also if there is an emergancy, lets say landlord thinks there is a water leak, or electrical issue, they can come in without notice.

The police will need a warrant to enter or believe there is a crime in progress OR>>> there is normally an exception if the officer can prove that by waiting, the evidence would be destroyed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord entering apt. [ 27 Answers ]

Hi. I am a landlord that need to have a question or two answered Today I served my first eviction for nonpayment. Every thing went as expected and the tenant left for work. This apartment is a second story of 2 family. There are separate entrances to each unit and c common stairway to the...

Landlord Selling Apartment [ 2 Answers ]

My landlord has hired an appraiser to look through the house in which my apartment is one of three units. What happens to my lease if the house is sold?

Landlord entering apartment without notice [ 4 Answers ]

Today my boyfriend was coing out the bathroom in just his underwear, and found some mexican standing in our living room. He said he was there to finish up some drywall work from where they put a new airconditioner in 5 weeks ago. I called the apartment manager and she said that she sent us a...

Does a landlord need a key to my apartment [ 2 Answers ]

If you have a landlord, that has keys to every other apartment and enters them at will, with no notice to the tenant of that apartment. Do I have to give her a key because I'm afraid she will enter and things will g missing.

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

View more questions Search