Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mz2richard Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2006, 05:38 AM
    Recessed Range Outlet...
    Hello Group, & TK!:D I was wondering if I can install a Range outlet by just nailing the outlet between 2 nailers and if I truly need a box, and if I do, what size box should I use, because the standard junction, ceiling, and outlet boxes don't seem to fit on the outlet itself. Any help really appreciated. I usually use surface mount, so I am at odds now. Thank you as always for your valuable insight.:o
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2006, 02:05 PM
    What kind of outlet do you have, the surface or recess, as shown on the catalog page attached?

The 3582 is a surface range outlet, and can be mounted with screws onto the surface of the wall or floor.

The 3894 is a flush device and needs to be mounted in a box. Probably needs a minimum of a 4 ich sq 2.5 inch deep box. I normally use a 4&11 box, with a 2 gang mud ring, raised for the drywall thickness, and a two gang plate for the 3894. This box leaves the necessary room for the large wires.

Do you know that there is a code to size the box, based on the size and quantity of wire? What size wire is being used?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recessed Lighting [ 8 Answers ]

Need help with Recessed Lighting. The included picture is an electrical diagram I used in wiring up some recessed lighting. The switches used are 600w Dimmer Switches with push on/off feature. The problem is that on the center switch the dimming feature burns out consistently but I am still able...

G.E. Gas range [ 1 Answers ]

I need help, from a gas range repair tech. I need to replace the insulation that goes around the oven,top, sides, and back. A critter got in it and it now stinks bad! My question, can I use regular fibreglass insulation, the kind used in home's? If I remove the paper, or do I need to use the...

Recessed lights [ 3 Answers ]

I am putting can lights in the basement. I can't decied whether or not to put drywall on the ceiling or this new drop ceiling its made of pvc it attaches right to the floor joists and the tiles clip in. you lose 1 inch. The confusing part is how do I put the can in to make up that inch or will the...

Gap between cabinets and gas range [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about filling in a gap between my gas range and a cabinet. The gap is 25 inches length but the space near the front of the gas range is 1/2 inch and it gets narrower as the gap approaches the wall (1/8 inch). I am afraid food would drop in there and there would be no way to clean it...

View more questions Search