Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Apr 6, 2006, 05:36 AM
    Basic Training Stuff
    Hi, my folks have decided to try to learn computers :eek: . So I am hoping to find some really basic introduction training materials. Either a website with movies on or something to printo out and follow. Anyone have any good suggestions?

TIA
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2006, 05:49 AM
    I don't have good suggestions for, but let me say this: My parents and my maintenance guy were in the same boat and tried the Video Professor CDs - and found them klutzy and not as simple as the old dude in the commercials says they are.

I do see, though, that there are a few basic freebie lessons on the site that might be worth checking out...
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2006, 05:55 AM
    Hi,
    Here in our local area (small town, about 3,000 people), there are "classes" that are offered through many different agencies.
    Most have a small fee, to cover paper costs, etc. Even the public library had some classes for beginners, and more advanced.
    If they would be interested in attending something like this, maybe your local library would have some suggestions.
    I personally don't know the name(s) of any good videos for beginners. One of the best ways is to have someone who knows how to use a computer sit with them for a little while, letting them sit in front of the computer, and actually doing the "clicking" while they explain what to do.
    I have done this with neighbors who got their first computer, and it works very well. I also have typed up specific steps for doing certain things, so they can refer to it.
    I do wish them the best, and good luck.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Apr 7, 2006, 12:20 AM
    Thanks Fred, rep limit for you, I guess the best way is to sit down with them, but I worry that I get a bit too technical and forget that they don't know anything about it. I suppose I take my experience for granted now after years of practise.

I'll also look into local courses that are on offer.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2006, 10:18 AM
    HI,
    One friend participated in a local course, for basic beginners, and really enjoyed it. The class had about 20 computers, and they really had fun. So much fun in fact, that at the end of the class, they threw themselves a party, becoming good friends.
    It was a "hands on" learning experience, with a volunteer teacher.
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Apr 7, 2006, 05:29 PM
    I go along with fredg, most towns have a computer club where they give lessons and get together once or twice a month for general meetings. Check out the following sites for tutorials:

http://www.helpwithpcs.com/courses/w...al-desktop.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need some stuff for my... [ 3 Answers ]

That's me again folks Lol I was wondering if someone could help me because I would to lighten safely my bikini zone and lower U know what I mean ?:D Like I would like to have an even skin tone down there too Please help me if you know good stuff Thanks!:rolleyes:

Basic equation help! [ 3 Answers ]

I have the answer on my paper but I can't figure out how to do the problem itself a c -(2x - 12)= - b d its 'a' over 'b' times 2x minus 12 equals 'c' over 'd'

Basic [ 16 Answers ]

Is there anyone here that is a teenager and programs in Qbasic?

Visual basic [ 1 Answers ]

How can I disable maximise button of a form but minimise and close button should be enable?

View more questions Search