Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    santy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 07:15 AM
    Big Strong Biceps
    Hi,
    I am working out in gym for few months now I am getting the shape and mass in biceps & triceps. My muscles are hard only when I hold it tight or tighten them. But when relaxed or let free they are not hard at all they become very soft(flabby) they don't retain the shape, if I want to wear some tights my arms must be little hard and tight right? I feel they are very soft It is like I have not worked out at all (mainly the triceps) I do lift heavy weight. I concentrate on triceps too but whatever I do they are the same loose, soft muscles its like elastic man:) . Some guys though they don’t workout much have hard biceps and triceps. Is it due to body nature of body or is it I have to work out more to get strong hard muscles. What am I suppose to do?
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 07:23 AM
    I think that a persons natural body has a lot to do with it. I used to lift weights a lot. I was getting very strong, and my arms were firm, but I had no form, I hated that. I have big arms, but no form. My Best Friend on the other hand, is pretty weak, couldn't lift half of what I could and he barely worked out. But he was very tone and muscular looking! I hope this helps you!
    pennyjo1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 07:59 AM
    It may be just a matter of changing your routine. To gain mass, you are going to want to lift heavy weights with minimal reps. Always make sure your form is correct and you are feeling the exertion. Exhale on the contraction and inhale on the release. Breathing is very important. What are you doing for cardio?
    santy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyjo1
    It may be just a matter of changing your routine. To gain mass, you are going to want to lift heavy weights with minimal reps. Always make sure your form is correct and you are feeling the exertion. Exhale on the contraction and inhale on the release. Breathing is very important. What are you doing for cardio?
    Hi,
    I do treadmill and Cycling for cardio. My doubt is how to get firm biceps & triceps. Because even after exercise they are soft and loose. I have shape but they are not firm.
    And one more thing, I know that left bice will be little smaller that the right for people who are Right handed. What am I suppose to do to make them almost the same size am I suppose to concentrate on left more?

Thanks

Jul 25, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by santy
    hi,
    I do treadmill and Cycling for cardio. My doubt is how to get firm biceps & triceps. Because even after exercise they are soft and loose. I have shape but they are not firm.
    And one more thing, i know that left bice will be little smaller that the right for people who are Right handed. What am i suppose to do to make them almost the same size am I suppose to concentrate on left more?

Thanks
    You can put a little more focus on the left biceps if you like. I would not over do it. Once you start building mass, you should notice a change in both biceps. Again the principal key to building muscle is to overload it. You really want to feel the burn. Do not go beyond that however, or you will pull a muscle. Let me know if you have any more questions.
    Rabbit91 Posts: 74, Reputation: -5
    -

Jul 25, 2008, 08:59 PM
    It has to do with how much blood flow is in your brachialis biceps/tricep heads. When blood is pumped into your arms (I.E Working out) your muscles become larger and have more blood/oxygen in them. If you want hard muscle then dehydrate yourself.. and/or workout before you go out.

If you drink a lot of water you will get your muscles to be more flabby (the soft look).

Jul 26, 2008, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit91
    It has to do with how much blood flow is in your brachialis biceps/tricep heads. When blood is pumped into your arms (I.E Working out) your muscles become larger and have more blood/oxygen in them. If you want hard muscle then dehydrate yourself.. and/or workout before you go out.

If you drink alot of water you will get your muscles to be more flabby (the soft look).
    The most important nutrition is water. Never dehydrate your body. Water will not make your biceps flappy. It take hard work and determination to build muscle mass. Don't give up.
    Rabbit91 Posts: 74, Reputation: -5
    -

Jul 26, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyjo1
    The most important nutrition is water. Never dehydrate your body. Water will not make your biceps flappy. It take hard work and determination to build muscle mass. Dont give up.
    Water will most definently make your arms flabby. That is.. if you drink enough of it (I.E you will bloat).

Water is a key component in building muscle mass, but only when you drink it correctly.

Dehydrating your body is what bodybuilders do before they go on stage (They drink Diuretics [ Tea, Alcohol etc.. ]). Why do they dehydrate their body? Because a) it shows better muscle definition (veins, curves) b) it makes them appear skinnier and c) muscles are "just muscles" no water stored in them (they are hard). Unfortunately because they are dehydrated you often see bodybuilders faint on stage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

More quick way to gain good biceps/triceps? [ 8 Answers ]

Around 2 months ago I bought a new bench for weights, on top of that I bought the two bars a curl, and a straight and a load of weights. From this I have been working out twice a week concentrating mainly around the arms occasionally the stomach. Over a few months I have seen diffrence but very...

How to train biceps and triceps with out lifting weights? [ 10 Answers ]

I am trying to work my arms and I don't have weights at home. Is there any good way to work out with out them? Ive been doing pushups every night from 20-30 but it doesn't seem to be getting better..

Psychological conflict: strong fear & strong love toward the same girl [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been experiencing some kind of psychological conflict for more than 1 year. Whenever he increases his love to me, his fear of losing me to another man increases. Last year, his psychological conflict made him misunderstand me a lot. For example, when he saw a tiny sign related...

My biceps are strange [ 2 Answers ]

I have been doing weights for a while now and my Biceps are beginning to increase into the shape of a circle instead of being even and larger. I can't describe exactly how they look but it is like a bubble. And I think there is a reason for this and if there's a way to prevent it.

How to maintain Good Biceps [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I am worried about my biceps... Even though I lift good weights.. my Biceps and triceps are not growing good enough.. Currently I'm lifting weights up to 12.5 kgs.. Can anyone guide me so that I can maintain good Biceps and triceps.. help me out

View more questions Search